Rare Marlin?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Rare Marlin?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Rare Marlin?

I've recently acquired an 1894s lever action .44 mag Marlin with a 16" barrel. It is stamped on the barrel "Marlin Limited". According to the serial no., it was manufactured in 1996. There is also stamped on top of slide when lever is down, 44/45.
My question is, does anyone know how many of this particular rifle were made ? I called Marlin, and they couldn't tell me. They said it was made for them by TALO, but no info available as to how many. I was told by previous owner it was fairly rare. I'm trying to figure out the value.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1531 Times on 875 Posts
Likes Given: 708

It really isn't worth any more money than a standard 1894. Davidsons Gun Gallery (Talo) has many gun makers produce limited edition firearms for them. I have a few of them,they ae worth the same as the regular model of the same firearm.

Talo edition firearms are unique,but not rare by any means.
North American Hunting Club
CaptMidnight Likes This