Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Range bag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/range-bag-89247/)

Crazycastor 04-21-2013 04:08 AM

Range bag

Going out tomorrow to sight my new savage 111 in and get some shooting in. Also taking my 8 mm mauser and my SKS with scope. Brother is taking his Winchester model 70 and a Springfield 1903 with scope. My father in law is taking his AR15. None of the guns are sighted in. Getting my range bag together (normally its set up for pistol). Beside a couple of screw drivers, a brass punch and small hammer (For the mauser), ammo, ear and eye protection, targets and a shootung stand. What am I forgetting. Father in law and my brother will probably just bring there guns and ammo so I'm trying to figure out what else I might need.

Axxe55 04-21-2013 04:18 AM

stapler or tape for the targets. maybe a spotting scope if you have one.

shooting rests or sandbags.

pretty much all i can think of right now.

Garadex 04-21-2013 04:21 AM

Small first aid kit.

therewolf 04-21-2013 04:51 AM

Shootg'N'See targets help for this.

Otherwise, use masking tape to cover the holes.

At the range, it helps at the target change if you have

a new target ready to swap out when you go downrange.

Gives you something to do while you are waiting for the

range to go hot.

Crazycastor 04-21-2013 05:11 AM

We are heading out to the desert and using styrofoam food boxes. We use nails to hold up our targets. Did forget the nails so good idea on the stapler. And we are using shoot and see targets. First time to use those. First aid stays in the truck. Shooter stand is already loaded with the lead shot sitting in the back of the truck.

activereality 04-21-2013 05:25 AM

Extra lube and rags!! Especially for all those old guns :). Maybe some optics. Range calculator. (If those will be useful) and never ever forget a towel!!

USMC-Hat 04-21-2013 07:34 AM

Data book so you an log all pertinent info regarding sight adjustments, weather, ammo used, etc...

therewolf 04-21-2013 04:01 PM

I like ATF at the range. Great cleaner and lube, doesn't cost the moon,

and cools barrels while keeping a lot of the crust from the gunpowder

dislodged for easier cleaning later.

HockaLouis 04-21-2013 04:20 PM

A wood block -- when banging the front sight the base has to be resting solidly on something, supported. And bring some duct tape to cover anything you might get a skidder mark on and are afraid for...

Crazycastor 04-21-2013 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just came back from shooting and sighting in our guns. We had a .223 round explode when fired. Just fragments hit the target. Never saw this before and no he didn't shoot the ground. It was his 3rd shoot when it exploded in flight. I'm posting picture of the target and the box of bullets in case anyone else has had that problem with this ammunition. Other then that the desert got busy for some reason. Seemed everyone wanted to come out to our little corner so we didn't get to shoot very much.