R-Gun?? Help!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > R-Gun?? Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default R-Gun?? Help!

Has anyone ever heard of R-Gun ? Are they good? Any experience please Thanks !

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #2

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

There are horror stories of their customer service. I would stay away.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

They are bad enough to deal with in person. Dont recomend it long distance. Their shop is about 45 minutes from me. Ive been their a time or two to buy ammo.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrill
Has anyone ever heard of R-Gun ? Are they good? Any experience please Thanks !
I just got an upper from them in on Friday. Ordered it December 21st, so I had to wait a bit, but it did come in. Build guiltily seems good need to put some rounds through it and test it out. Their communications suck, but they do fulfill orders. You just have to be patient.

I had a set of YHM sights already, so I put those on it. Took mr rock river apart to test fit the new upper. Fits great!

image-1813613187.jpgimage-574335900.jpgimage-3716403475.jpgimage-694516518.jpg
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

I ordered an Ar carbine complete rifle kit (less lower)Dec 28 . No response to emails or calls. When i ordered, I was told 4 weeks. I don't even want their product anymore . Waiting for them to call so I can tell them to suck it. By the way, they cant charge my credit card because I cancelled it.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #6

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44 View Post
I ordered an Ar carbine complete rifle kit (less lower)Dec 28 . No response to emails or calls. When i ordered, I was told 4 weeks. I don't even want their product anymore . Waiting for them to call so I can tell them to suck it. By the way, they cant charge my credit card because I cancelled it.
I did the same thing. I had 6 bcgs on order since before Christmas. And they were. "In stock". Still dont have them. Just canceled My CC .Tired of waiting. They are just scamming people hoping they cancel their orders. Easy $100 for them.
Buyer beware, a friend stopped up their 2 weeks ago they have
Nothing in stock and I mean nothing

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 669

We have an R-Guns in Havasu but not affiliated. Mom & Pop and no online sales. Nice people. I would not like to see them tarred by the reputation of another company using the same name.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #8

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

True,this one that isnt so great is in IL .

Old 02-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 77

I just feel lucky to have received my order...... It is a crummy business to show "in stock" when they know damn well that they are not. I already have an AR, so I figured I could wait as long as I had to. 7 weeks was long enough for an "in stock" item. I will never order from them again. If I was needing something real bad, I would just pay the extra money and get it on gunbroker. I just bought a stripped LRB lower on there last nigh to build a lower for this new upper. I had to pay $200 which is about $50 higher than what you could order it directly from them for, but hey I want to build it now!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #10

Liked 835 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1730

Just putting this out there; I ordered 6 - 20 round AR mags from them on 12/20/12 (they showed "in stock" on the website AND on the completed & acknowledged order #)... waited the prestated 10 to 15 business days to "fill the order".... sent an email (no reply)... waited another 5 business days... sent 2nd email (again, no reply).... waited 2 more weeks and got an email from UPS with a tracking number (NOW we're getting somewhere!!)... Had them in hand a total of 6 weeks after placing the order.... for "in stock" parts (???)
I wouldn't tell anyone what to do... but with this and the other postings on this thread... I will leave it up to you whether or not you want to do business w/ them.

As an alternative; http://www.dsarms.com/