Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   Quick money order question (

XxWINxX94 01-01-2011 03:40 PM

Quick money order question
Hello everyone,

I am trying to sell a rifle and have a buyer lined up. He plans to pay me with a money order. Does he send the money order to ME (the seller) or my FFL dealer?

It is a perfectly legal FFL transaction. And I also know that as soon as the money order clears at the post office, I can ship the rifle.

So, When using a money order, does the buyer send it directly to the seller (ME) or the FFL dealer shipping the gun?

CA357 01-01-2011 03:45 PM

I don't know where you live, bit in Californy the money goes to the seller. I would imagine it's the same everywhere, but don't take my word for it. I prefer payment in the form of a Postal money order when I sell something online unless it's someone I know.

c3shooter 01-01-2011 03:55 PM

If you are selling a rifle, you must ship TO a FFL when crossing a state line. You do not have to ship FROM a FFL.

Buyer sends you a postal MO. Take it to the PO, cash it, then send him the rifle. You CAN send a rifle by US mail, or by UPS/ Fed Ex. Ship TO the address on the FFL you get from the buyer.

jca1 01-01-2011 06:02 PM

Yes, MO comes to you and you clear it before you ship the rifle. That's how I do it.