Questions about M1 Garand - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Questions about M1 Garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

i cleaned the m1 before i took it out..... everything looked good in the gun except for the op rod had a slight s-curve to it. i read that they do have a slight bend but dont know what kind of bend. so i dont know if its suppose to look like it did.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
i cleaned the m1 before i took it out..... everything looked good in the gun except for the op rod had a slight s-curve to it. i read that they do have a slight bend but dont know what kind of bend. so i dont know if its suppose to look like it did.
Let's see a couple of good close up shots.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 AM   #23

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

I no longer own the m1 in question... the guy traded me back after i told him his M1 didnt work.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I found a Garand at a local shop for $750.00 with a Winchester receiver and mostly SA everything else. Barrel was like brand new....great shooter. Eventually I sold it for what I paid for it.

$1000.00 seems steep for a shooter. With mil surps, you DEFINITELY need to do your homework to avoid getting hosed. Yes, there are some "Rare" examples out there, but the majority of them are FOS. I don't even bother looking at Garands, 1903's, 1917's anymore on GB because every other listing has RARE in the title. There are a million retards out there trying to take advantage of someone new to mil surps. It makes me sick and it gets old fast.

The majority of all the above have been refurbished and there's nothing rare about them. Go to Gunbroker and search all three. Yep, 40 pages of results for each....super rare Elmer Fudd. What I consider RARE is a someone selling a Garand,1903 or 1917 for an honest price.

Good luck.

***THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE HERE***

Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #25

Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack83 View Post
I found a Garand at a local shop for $750.00 with a Winchester receiver and mostly SA everything else. Barrel was like brand new....great shooter. Eventually I sold it for what I paid for it.

$1000.00 seems steep for a shooter. With mil surps, you DEFINITELY need to do your homework to avoid getting hosed. Yes, there are some "Rare" examples out there, but the majority of them are FOS. I don't even bother looking at Garands, 1903's, 1917's anymore on GB because every other listing has RARE in the title. There are a million retards out there trying to take advantage of someone new to mil surps. It makes me sick and it gets old fast.

The majority of all the above have been refurbished and there's nothing rare about them. Go to Gunbroker and search all three. Yep, 40 pages of results for each....super rare Elmer Fudd. What I consider RARE is a someone selling a Garand,1903 or 1917 for an honest price.

Good luck.

***THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE HERE***
X2, I could not agree more.

They all seem to think their manky, rusty, old Colt .45ACPs

are worth 3500$ for some reason, too...