Questions about M1 Garand - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Questions about M1 Garand

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,668
Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Default

i cleaned the m1 before i took it out..... everything looked good in the gun except for the op rod had a slight s-curve to it. i read that they do have a slight bend but dont know what kind of bend. so i dont know if its suppose to look like it did.

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
i cleaned the m1 before i took it out..... everything looked good in the gun except for the op rod had a slight s-curve to it. i read that they do have a slight bend but dont know what kind of bend. so i dont know if its suppose to look like it did.
Let's see a couple of good close up shots.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,668
Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Default

I no longer own the m1 in question... the guy traded me back after i told him his M1 didnt work.

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 52
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I found a Garand at a local shop for $750.00 with a Winchester receiver and mostly SA everything else. Barrel was like brand new....great shooter. Eventually I sold it for what I paid for it.

$1000.00 seems steep for a shooter. With mil surps, you DEFINITELY need to do your homework to avoid getting hosed. Yes, there are some "Rare" examples out there, but the majority of them are FOS. I don't even bother looking at Garands, 1903's, 1917's anymore on GB because every other listing has RARE in the title. There are a million retards out there trying to take advantage of someone new to mil surps. It makes me sick and it gets old fast.

The majority of all the above have been refurbished and there's nothing rare about them. Go to Gunbroker and search all three. Yep, 40 pages of results for each....super rare Elmer Fudd. What I consider RARE is a someone selling a Garand,1903 or 1917 for an honest price.

Good luck.

***THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE HERE***

__________________
ManInBlack83 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,572
Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack83 View Post
I found a Garand at a local shop for $750.00 with a Winchester receiver and mostly SA everything else. Barrel was like brand new....great shooter. Eventually I sold it for what I paid for it.

$1000.00 seems steep for a shooter. With mil surps, you DEFINITELY need to do your homework to avoid getting hosed. Yes, there are some "Rare" examples out there, but the majority of them are FOS. I don't even bother looking at Garands, 1903's, 1917's anymore on GB because every other listing has RARE in the title. There are a million retards out there trying to take advantage of someone new to mil surps. It makes me sick and it gets old fast.

The majority of all the above have been refurbished and there's nothing rare about them. Go to Gunbroker and search all three. Yep, 40 pages of results for each....super rare Elmer Fudd. What I consider RARE is a someone selling a Garand,1903 or 1917 for an honest price.

Good luck.

***THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE HERE***
X2, I could not agree more.

They all seem to think their manky, rusty, old Colt .45ACPs

are worth 3500$ for some reason, too...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
My first M1 Garand, AMMO Questions???? HELP!! DrGonzo11 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 58 03-29-2010 11:26 PM
Garand & M1A Help!!!! HCSO249 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 8 11-14-2009 06:40 PM
Buy a CAI M1 Garand? MontanaShooter13 General Rifle Discussion 4 07-30-2009 03:35 PM
Mr Garand /Ans to questions Clancy General Rifle Discussion 0 05-05-2007 04:56 PM