Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Question about value of special edition Browning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Question about value of special edition Browning

I'm about to buy a special edition rifle that was made by browning for the Grice Gun Shop. The gun is a Browning Micro Medallion A-bolt in .222 caliber. I'm not sure how many they made but the shop owner said you will not see another one anywhere. It is brand new in the box. Any clue on what it is worth?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Very little more than a non-special edition.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

People Like This 
Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The gun is actually a Micro Hunter not medallion.

That's hard to believe that a limited edition, escpecially in a .222 caliber is only worth a little more than what a micro hunter sales for. It's hard enough finding gun in .222 let alone a special edition.

My initial thought is that a Browning collector would pay decent money to have one.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #4

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I would judge the guns value by how accurate it is, how nice it looks, and how much fun it is to shoot.

Kind Regards, Salvo

Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
I would judge the guns value by how accurate it is, how nice it looks, and how much fun it is to shoot.
Seriously?????

Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #6

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Do you want us to lie to you?
If you like it buy it.
If you think you should buy it so you can make a bunch of money on it, think again.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 511

I would call browning. The archivist will be happy to give you some background history on the gun and an approximate value. Have the serial number and a magnifying glass handy when you call. You might need the magnifying glass to see stampings in the gun.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 552

PABUCK,Very few so called Limited Edition firearms made today are worth a penny more than the identical non-limited edition firearms. If it was made for this gun shop,what exactly is special about it?
Many companies get rifles made exclusively for them,but they aren't worth any more money than the plain production rifle unless they have item's that are special like stocks,style of barrel,engraving,etc. The gun may cost more than a stock rifle,but it's value on the open market won't change much.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #9

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABUCK View Post
Seriously?????
I'm not a collector, if its not for shooting then I have no interest in any gun.

I used to collect guns but I had an epiphany, or what alcoholics refer to as a 'moment of clarity'.

Same deal with my Harley... I don't park it in the living-room and spend weekends going over it with a toothbrush... I ride it hard, treat it like a motorcycle.

Kind Regards, Salvo

Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
PABUCK,Very few so called Limited Edition firearms made today are worth a penny more than the identical non-limited edition firearms. If it was made for this gun shop,what exactly is special about it?
Many companies get rifles made exclusively for them,but they aren't worth any more money than the plain production rifle unless they have item's that are special like stocks,style of barrel,engraving,etc. The gun may cost more than a stock rifle,but it's value on the open market won't change much.
I may disagree on this one. After checking browning's website I found that they have NEVER made the Micro Hunter A-bolt in .222 caliber. That means there are no other rifles out there.