Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Question about value of special edition Browning (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/question-about-value-special-edition-browning-96450/)

PABUCK 09-02-2013 08:30 PM

Question about value of special edition Browning

I'm about to buy a special edition rifle that was made by browning for the Grice Gun Shop. The gun is a Browning Micro Medallion A-bolt in .222 caliber. I'm not sure how many they made but the shop owner said you will not see another one anywhere. It is brand new in the box. Any clue on what it is worth?

hiwall 09-02-2013 09:10 PM

Very little more than a non-special edition.

PABUCK 09-03-2013 12:31 PM

The gun is actually a Micro Hunter not medallion.

That's hard to believe that a limited edition, escpecially in a .222 caliber is only worth a little more than what a micro hunter sales for. It's hard enough finding gun in .222 let alone a special edition.

My initial thought is that a Browning collector would pay decent money to have one.

Salvo 09-03-2013 01:31 PM

I would judge the guns value by how accurate it is, how nice it looks, and how much fun it is to shoot.

PABUCK 09-03-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvo (Post 1356550)
I would judge the guns value by how accurate it is, how nice it looks, and how much fun it is to shoot.

Seriously?????

hiwall 09-03-2013 06:47 PM

Do you want us to lie to you?
If you like it buy it.
If you think you should buy it so you can make a bunch of money on it, think again.

John_Deer 09-03-2013 06:54 PM

I would call browning. The archivist will be happy to give you some background history on the gun and an approximate value. Have the serial number and a magnifying glass handy when you call. You might need the magnifying glass to see stampings in the gun.

Txhillbilly 09-04-2013 12:46 AM

PABUCK,Very few so called Limited Edition firearms made today are worth a penny more than the identical non-limited edition firearms. If it was made for this gun shop,what exactly is special about it?
Many companies get rifles made exclusively for them,but they aren't worth any more money than the plain production rifle unless they have item's that are special like stocks,style of barrel,engraving,etc. The gun may cost more than a stock rifle,but it's value on the open market won't change much.

Salvo 09-04-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PABUCK (Post 1356652)
Seriously?????

I'm not a collector, if its not for shooting then I have no interest in any gun.

I used to collect guns but I had an epiphany, or what alcoholics refer to as a 'moment of clarity'.

Same deal with my Harley... I don't park it in the living-room and spend weekends going over it with a toothbrush... I ride it hard, treat it like a motorcycle.

PABUCK 09-04-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1357194)
PABUCK,Very few so called Limited Edition firearms made today are worth a penny more than the identical non-limited edition firearms. If it was made for this gun shop,what exactly is special about it?
Many companies get rifles made exclusively for them,but they aren't worth any more money than the plain production rifle unless they have item's that are special like stocks,style of barrel,engraving,etc. The gun may cost more than a stock rifle,but it's value on the open market won't change much.

I may disagree on this one. After checking browning's website I found that they have NEVER made the Micro Hunter A-bolt in .222 caliber. That means there are no other rifles out there.