Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Question...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Question...

Hi everyone I have a quick question for those that might know. IF there ends up being some sort of ban on "assault weapons" what happens to those ones that are already out there? I ask because I'm thinking about buying an AR15 before any laws get passed. So I was just wondering would it get grandfathered in since I bought it before, or would I be expected to turn it in. Also if i was able to keep it would I be able to take it to the range, and would ammo be a problem?

Just looking for any info thank you!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Sean,

We wished we had an answer for you! Who knows what is all coming down the pike at this point.
The Feinstein proposal speaks of a $200 tax per rifle paid to the ATF plus finger prints, and photos on file with the ATF. But that is only a proposed legislation concerning a possible ban. So at this point who knows. However if you are going to get one it may be difficult for a decent price because the craze for the weapons is in full swing. Most stores are out of them prices have gone up at the stores. As well as most of the major manufacturers are now 8-12 months out on delivery. If you have a Walmart in the area you may want to check there. The last time I seen any for a reasonable price was at a local Walmart. It was a Bushmaster and a Charles Daley model.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

If you haven't got one, expect at least a 6 month plus wait. Also it's hard to say what's going to happen. We can only hope for the best.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you for getting back to me sniper. Unfortunately I live in Connecticut, so no luck looking at a Walmart. But still you've given me more info then I had before so that's a start. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's ok I'm not in any rush gives me some time to pay it off

Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sean,

I can not guarantee you a price but if you can find an FFL dealer in Connecticut who would do a transfer for you I can locate someone with an AR for you to contact.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #7

Liked 123 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Interesting how NONE of the proposals listed in Feinstein's ban would have had any effect on what happened at Newtown...

What is wrong with California (and New York) who support these morons (Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomburg)...?

eldar

Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

eldarbeast,

You are exactly correct. And then how about the firemen! The dirt bag criminal had a 24 year old neighbor girl go purchase an AR and a Pistol for him for his pre-planned attack. Probably gave her a couple of hundred to go buy it for him? Do not know for sure but that is my take on it. Moral of the story the dirt bag set the house on fire and then waited in ambush for the fire department to show up. Killing 2 Fireman and seriously wounding 2 others. Once again not a thing in the Feinstein proposal would do anything to curb this terrible act.
What some of the stupid anti gun people do not realize is I can take my S&W 357 Mag. Revolver and fire 48 rounds on target in around one minute. So blaming the AR and Magazine Capacity is a weak lame excuse to accomplish NOTHING!
I heard Feinstein today on FOX speak about her Gun Control proposal as she was interviewed along with Senator Lindsey Graham. Graham advised her that 1994 to 2004 less than 1% of the crimes in America were committed with an AR type rifle. And that murder rates were presently down significantly in the US and he believed it was due to armed citizens. And he would not support any new gun ban when and if it came to vote. Great job on his part!

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Most people in large cities are not capable of defending themselves with a truck mounted M60. In turn, they want utopia. A place with no guns. After all the alcohol prohibition worked so well. The war on drugs has been a smashing success. Teens can get drugs easier than alcohol. A complete and total ban on guns will make them safe. So they support people like Feinstein, Boxer and Bloomberg. Bloomberg will make them healthy and safe. Feinstein and Boxer will turn the entire US into a utopia.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Endless speculation. Contact your Congressman and Senators to try to prevent ANY new regulation

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread