Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Question... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/question-79824/)

Sean1916 12-30-2012 06:58 PM

Question...

Hi everyone I have a quick question for those that might know. IF there ends up being some sort of ban on "assault weapons" what happens to those ones that are already out there? I ask because I'm thinking about buying an AR15 before any laws get passed. So I was just wondering would it get grandfathered in since I bought it before, or would I be expected to turn it in. Also if i was able to keep it would I be able to take it to the range, and would ammo be a problem?

Just looking for any info thank you!

Sniper03 12-30-2012 07:17 PM

Sean,

We wished we had an answer for you! Who knows what is all coming down the pike at this point.
The Feinstein proposal speaks of a $200 tax per rifle paid to the ATF plus finger prints, and photos on file with the ATF. But that is only a proposed legislation concerning a possible ban. So at this point who knows. However if you are going to get one it may be difficult for a decent price because the craze for the weapons is in full swing. Most stores are out of them prices have gone up at the stores. As well as most of the major manufacturers are now 8-12 months out on delivery. If you have a Walmart in the area you may want to check there. The last time I seen any for a reasonable price was at a local Walmart. It was a Bushmaster and a Charles Daley model.

firedawg60 12-30-2012 07:23 PM

If you haven't got one, expect at least a 6 month plus wait. Also it's hard to say what's going to happen. We can only hope for the best.

Sean1916 12-30-2012 07:27 PM

Thank you for getting back to me sniper. Unfortunately I live in Connecticut, so no luck looking at a Walmart. But still you've given me more info then I had before so that's a start. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

Sean1916 12-30-2012 07:28 PM

That's ok I'm not in any rush gives me some time to pay it off :)

Sniper03 12-30-2012 07:32 PM

Sean,

I can not guarantee you a price but if you can find an FFL dealer in Connecticut who would do a transfer for you I can locate someone with an AR for you to contact.:D

eldarbeast 12-30-2012 07:32 PM

Interesting how NONE of the proposals listed in Feinstein's ban would have had any effect on what happened at Newtown...

What is wrong with California (and New York) who support these morons (Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomburg)...?

eldar

Sniper03 12-30-2012 07:46 PM

eldarbeast,

You are exactly correct. And then how about the firemen! The dirt bag criminal had a 24 year old neighbor girl go purchase an AR and a Pistol for him for his pre-planned attack. Probably gave her a couple of hundred to go buy it for him? Do not know for sure but that is my take on it. Moral of the story the dirt bag set the house on fire and then waited in ambush for the fire department to show up. Killing 2 Fireman and seriously wounding 2 others. Once again not a thing in the Feinstein proposal would do anything to curb this terrible act.
What some of the stupid anti gun people do not realize is I can take my S&W 357 Mag. Revolver and fire 48 rounds on target in around one minute. So blaming the AR and Magazine Capacity is a weak lame excuse to accomplish NOTHING!
I heard Feinstein today on FOX speak about her Gun Control proposal as she was interviewed along with Senator Lindsey Graham. Graham advised her that 1994 to 2004 less than 1% of the crimes in America were committed with an AR type rifle. And that murder rates were presently down significantly in the US and he believed it was due to armed citizens. And he would not support any new gun ban when and if it came to vote. Great job on his part!

John_Deer 12-30-2012 08:22 PM

Most people in large cities are not capable of defending themselves with a truck mounted M60. In turn, they want utopia. A place with no guns. After all the alcohol prohibition worked so well. The war on drugs has been a smashing success. Teens can get drugs easier than alcohol. A complete and total ban on guns will make them safe. So they support people like Feinstein, Boxer and Bloomberg. Bloomberg will make them healthy and safe. Feinstein and Boxer will turn the entire US into a utopia.

robocop10mm 12-31-2012 02:53 AM

Endless speculation. Contact your Congressman and Senators to try to prevent ANY new regulation