question??

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > question??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default question??

I have a barrell conversion for my 30m1 Carbine. The papers say it is chambered for 5.7mm Johnson. Does anyone have any idea what that is and where can I get ammo or brass for reloading the darn thing?? Send answers to: tnfalconk@yahoo.com as well as here. Thank you, FalconK

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The 5.7mm Johnson is the .30 Carbine case necked down to .22 cal. From the data I have you should get around 2,850 with a 40 gn. bullet and 2,700 fps with a 50 gn. bullet. You would have to make your own brass. This is done by necking down .30 carbine brass. To do this you would need a set of form dies and have to annel the cases. If your not into wildcatting this would not be a real good choice to start with, but it`s not impossible eather.

Catfish
Ohio

Newest Threads