Qbu-88?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Qbu-88?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Qbu-88?

Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums. I'm also new to the the firearms world. I've had my Canadian PAL for a while but only started buying firearms recently. I've been looking around for a nice semi-automatic rifle and in my travels on the internets I came across the QBU-88 on a dealer website. I love the bullpup design it does appeal to my tacticool guilty pleasure. Unfortunately though because of the release of Battlefield 3 recently when I tried to find a review for the QBU-88 all I come up with are video game tips and reviews. Does anyone know of any reviews done on this, or does anyone own one themselves? I'd love to hear more about it. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for semi-automatic long range rifles instead of the QBU-88?

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1497 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 3234

For long range I'm thinking and M1A or some type of AR. I've never heard of the QBU-88, but I don't think bullpup designs are known for being the most accurate design? They are very handy for close quarters though.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1337 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 1429

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
For long range I'm thinking and M1A or some type of AR. I've never heard of the QBU-88, but I don't think bullpup designs are known for being the most accurate design? They are very handy for close quarters though.
Supposed to be a Chinese sniper rifle, AR configuration in 5.8x42, nice rifle from what I hear...................
rifle_type88.jpg  

When all else fails.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6553 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

Take a look at the Browning semi BAR in .300 Winchester Magnum.

Accurate, long range, and really "sporty" looking. Only holds 4 rounds, so you shouldn't have any problem with Canadian gun laws.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

The Canadians do not have the same ban on Chinese weapons we have in the US. I do not know if they are available in the great white north, but the proprietary cartridge would give me pause. Not loaded comercially outside of China so you are at their mercy. If you could get a few cases of ammo cheap and were expecting an invasion of Red Chinese, it might make sense.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6553 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The Canadians do not have the same ban on Chinese weapons we have in the US. I do not know if they are available in the great white north, but the proprietary cartridge would give me pause. Not loaded comercially outside of China so you are at their mercy. If you could get a few cases of ammo cheap and were expecting an invasion of Red Chinese, it might make sense.
I was thinking of their very tight control of semi-autos and detachable mags.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill