problems with 91/30 - Page 2


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > problems with 91/30

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
angryhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Would anyone have an idea of how or why the trigger on a 91/30 is sometimes a hair trigger and sometimes feeling like a 20 lb trigger?



__________________
angryhart is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 311
Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryhart View Post
Would anyone have an idea of how or why the trigger on a 91/30 is sometimes a hair trigger and sometimes feeling like a 20 lb trigger?
Could try tightening the screw holding it to the action. Other times I've heard repetitive use on the battlefield polished/smoothed out the metal to the point the trigger pull lightened.


__________________
okieboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2603 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post
Could try tightening the screw holding it to the action. Other times I've heard repetitive use on the battlefield polished/smoothed out the metal to the point the trigger pull lightened.
If that's the case, my 91/30 must have shot

half the Nazis on the Eastern Front.

El-oooosse...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 311
Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If that's the case, my 91/30 must have shot

half the Nazis on the Eastern Front.

El-oooosse...
Nice. Mine was either never issued or was at a guard post or something. Its a TERRIBLE trigger. Imagine a DAO pistol that has a different break every time.
__________________
okieboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
randy420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post
So I've had to accidental discharges with my 91/30. Both cases were safely discharged downrange luckily. On both cases when the bolt closed, the bolt did not stay cocked, immediately striking the primer. I believe the problem is a worn sear. I'll try to post pics after work tomorrow. Symptoms include: bolt not catching and sliding right out of gun without pulling trigger, bolt not staying cocked, and intense irritation on the shooters part. Would replacing the sear and trigger fix this?
It sounds like it's time to retire your mosin. With everything you need to do to fix your rifle it will most likely come close to the value of the rifle. They're only worth about what you pay retail.
__________________
randy420 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 311
Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy420 View Post

It sounds like it's time to retire your mosin. With everything you need to do to fix your rifle it will most likely come close to the value of the rifle. They're only worth about what you pay retail.
Read the entire thread. Fixed the problem. One screw was loose in the receiver.
__________________
okieboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
randy420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post

Read the entire thread. Fixed the problem. One screw was loose in the receiver.
Good. Hope you like it
__________________
randy420 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wichita
Posts: 131
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
For those that do not read the other posts- he found the problem, fixed it. Yes, some loc-tite may be in order. Yes, screws do loosen up. And just about any gun.
Yeah, I think it's important on these especially as the tolerances weren't very tight in the first place and the 7.62x54r is noted for the recoil it produces being quite jarring to most parts.


__________________
TacticalPrecision is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
S&W M&P 9mm mag problems ellwood45c General Handgun Discussion 1 05-03-2012 01:51 PM
2 problems bighorn1 Gunsmithing Forum 7 11-09-2011 12:06 PM
All my problems went away with $7.... DarinCraft Glock Forum 1 02-04-2010 01:07 PM
FTF problems.... Dr. Marneaus 1911 Forum 23 04-13-2009 02:31 AM