Predator Rifles

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Predator Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Predator Rifles

I picked up a Savage (Stevens) 200 about a month ago, topped it with a good Bushnell. The firearm was capable of shooting under minute of angle, but the trigger was stiff at about six pounds. I installed a Timney trigger on it and with a little fussing to dial everything in I got it down to 21 ounces w/ no overtravel. At the time I saw that the stock was really flimsey and although it shot great off the bags, I ordered a new laminate stock through Boyds'. It should eleminate any trouble in the future while hunting predators off shooting sticks. Anyone else dress up any long guns lately, or have experience along these lines?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

looking to put a Boyds stock on my 22 -250 but in my opinion 21 OZ trigger is way to light on a hunting riffle when you have gloves on a and cold fingers things can happen. Sounds like you got your self a great dog gun.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #3

U'r probably right, but I just had to try for the lightest I could set and still pass the safety and stock to floor bumping test. I'll add a couple ounces, but don't want to go pass 2 or 2 1/4#