Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Please help voice your concerns and your disappointment (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/please-help-voice-your-concerns-your-disappointment-29893/)

rleete1948 07-31-2010 09:09 PM

Please help voice your concerns and your disappointment

Has anyone had problems with the CX4 Storm Carbine in 45acp or an other Cal?,
I had a catastrophic malfunction with the one I had just bought in Jan, of this year after putting about 100 rd though it I decided to put a prismatic scope on it so bought a box of Remington 45ACP and went to the rang to sight it in. After setting up I filled the magazine and started to sight it in i fired 2 shoots and started to readjusted and the fired the 3rd when I felt a stinging in my right hand looking down I found that my hand was bleeding and that the magazine was on the ground along with a bunch of other parts from the firing mechanism. On closer inspection it found that the cartridge was not all the way in the chamber and there was a hole blown through the shell near the belt of the Cartridge case. After getting my self together I brought the firearm back to were I bought it and they sent it back to Beretta. According to there person a Rick Gump he said that it was a hot load however I was using factory loads from Remington so he recommended that I talk to them. I did and at the request of there rep, Chris Carson I sent them what I had left from the box of Cartridges when the test came back it was found that there was no problems with the Cartridges and he said that after going over it with his experts unlike Beretta who has no ballistic experts and Remington who has bought Firearms and ballistic experts it was determined that it was a Firearms Malfunction. Beretta still would not honor there warrantee even so they recommend that i go to Remington to determine the results.
And so I say be were Of Beretta and the CX4 and Beretta's lack of honoring there warranty

you can contact me at rleete1948@yahoo.com

Please help voice your concerns and your disappointment and how you feel about Beretta's lack of honoring there warranty to contact rgump@berettausa.com or call 1-301-283-2191 ext, 1377 ask for Rick

Glasshartt 07-31-2010 10:26 PM

How about going by the introductions thread and telling us a little about yourself. Also, is there any way that you can use some punctuation, your thread is extremely hard to read.

rleete1948 08-01-2010 12:27 AM

This is not about grammar

This is not about grammar it about a company that has been around since dirt and is not living up to there warranty’s and defecating on there customers and not caring about the damage there product done to them bough physically as will as financially as for the boi it was important to get this info out not for you to know all about me personally and as for grammar I am dyslectic so back off and help if your not part of the salution then you are part of the problem:mad:

IGETEVEN 08-01-2010 01:07 AM

WOW! I am a bit shocked over Beretta's response, but do You think maybe it could have been just that one cartridge round in the box that was defective and the rest were fine?

Now, since you have had an opinionated response to your post, do you think maybe you can stop by the Introductions part of the forum and tell us a little about yourself and your firearms interests. It may just help in getting the members here to help you out and support your claim knowing you are here to stay and not here to just drop off a personal grievance and never come back. ;)

rleete1948 08-01-2010 02:08 AM

thanks jack
now that that is out of the way as you have seen i am not real good at this and i tryed to fill uot what was expcted i just don't know what to do

rleete1948 08-01-2010 02:09 AM

just a bet of the old gunnie coming out:o

Txhillbilly 08-01-2010 02:25 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems,and hope your hand is OK.

BerettaUSA is a very crappy company.I have delt with them in the past,and will never buy any of their products in the future. Good luck!

cpttango30 08-01-2010 01:11 PM

I don't think it is uncommon to run into this I know this is not the first time I have ever read that the gun manufacture is saying it is an ammo problem and the ammo manufacture saying no way man it is a faulty gun. As for Beretta not having ballistic experts I am sure they do because you just about have to to test and proof firearms.

The best you can hope for is the price of ammo from remington and then never buy remington ammo again.

Beretta should replace the gun no matter what. I would keep on them about it and keep calling every day and start talking to people higher and higher up in the chain. They will soon get tired of you calling every single day and replace the firearm so you will stop calling. Remember the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Did you go through all the steps to ensure that your firearm is under warranty? Did you make sure and call them to registrar the firearm to you so that it is covered under warranty? Did you read the manual before shooting does it say NOT to use specific ammo like WARNING: DO NOT USE +P AMMO?

Lets not just jump on the Beretta is crap bandwagon. We are talking about a company that has been around for 500 years or so. You don't stay around that long by doing thing wrong.

rleete1948 08-01-2010 04:27 PM

Don't think

1st off Remington did replace the Cartridges that I weighed my self I went out and bought a electronic scale because i though i should if i was going to use the rest of the box and i bought more then one box. they sent me a full box of same type of which i will do the same from here on out

2nd I did my do diligent the same as with every new firearm I buy you never know if some changes have been made in respect to operation or warranty

3rd the quality of the products coming out Beretta usa is not the same as Beretta Italy there is a distinct difference in quality and workmanship and when all Beretta products came from Italy customer service was good

4th as a united body of American Gun owners we have to stop the taking advantage of there customers and honer there warranty us when you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem Call or fax Rick Gump at the number provided and pass on this post wherever it will do the most good so others will not be stun and loos there hard earned money or get injured as i did

Phone:1-301-283-2191 ext 1377
Fax: 1-301-283-0189
email: rgump@berettausa.com

cpttango30 08-01-2010 04:39 PM

Rleete I am not sure how to take your statements. There is not much punctuation to them. Yes I know your problem.

You keep saying if your not part of the solution your part of the problem like your pissed at me for offering you advise. So I will no longer reply to this thread, because it looks to me like you don't want to do anything but bash Beretta. The only thing I can say is keep on them when you get no from the tech on the phone ask to talk to their superior. If you still get the no ask to talk to theirs and keep going.

Have you called the factory in Maryland? (301) 283-2191