Please help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When the bullet leaves the barrel it starts to fall. It falls at the rate of 32 feet per second per second, so if a bullet is in flight for 1 sec. it will be falling at the rate of 32 ft. per. sec. and will have already fallen 16 ft. At the end of 2 sec. it will be falling at the rate of 64 ft. per sec. and have fallen 32 ft. Besides falling at twice the rate the bullet is loseing velosity which makes drop more in a shorter distance.
For anyone wanting to play behond 500 yrds. for coyote or varmints there are several Wildcat rounds. For varmints I like to stay with .22 cal. so I like something from the .22-243 Middlestead up to something like a .22-284. I chose a .22-6mm, alittle more case capiaity than the Middlestead, and I don`t need so many steps to form brass as you do with the .284. I still have not desided on my final load yet, but it will be for now an 80 gn. Berger bullet at some where between 3,450 and 3,500 fps. it looks like. With a 100 yrd. zero it would impact abt 205 in. low at 1,000 yrds. That is 20 1/2 MOA if you click it in, but I doubt that I will do much shooting at that range as this is a coyote rifle, and a barrel burner, so I don`t want to over heat it to much.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Longrange rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentiusmaximus View Post
Anybody have anything to say about this?

Its the rifle im planning to get.
This package deal is $2,235

http://www.savagearms.com/10fpxp-hsprec.htm

http://www.savagearms.com/10fphsprecision.htm

The rifle by itself is $864
should i get the package or just the rifle. If you recommend just the rifle then what kind of scope, bipod and case should i get?

Good lord no!!! If you are serious about this spend a little time, research this a little bit, first of all the 308 is a fine round for police and swat applications, but truth be known it is only good out about 800 yards, after that it just runs out of a$$, The gun and round you are looking for is the Remington 700 sendero 11 stainless and fluted in 300 ultramag, I just finished a post about this, titled 1500 yard sniper rifle. If you go and read it, It will save me having to write it again, If you have any additional questions please feel free to message me, Hope this helps.