Pistol grip vs. hunting stock.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Pistol grip vs. hunting stock.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1917 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default Pistol grip vs. hunting stock.

How come?

All the biathletes Iíve see here (Lake Placid) use pistol grip rifles. Most of the competition bench rest pix Iíve seen use pistol grip. All of the hunting rifles have a regular grip. Iím guessing some hunt with a pistol grip and do fine.

Is it just the difference between vanilla and chocolate? Or is there a real technical reason why a pistol grip is better for accuracy and/or the regular grip is better for hunting?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here