parkerhale mine is still shooting 3/4 moa
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > parkerhale mine is still shooting 3/4 moa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default parkerhale mine is still shooting 3/4 moa

Who still shoots there p/hale and what caliber ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

James,

The Parker Hale rifle has always had my up most respect and a good quality rifle. My best friend has one in 243 Win. Caliber which he purchased new back around 1970. I almost purchased one at a gun show a while back in 30-06 Caliber. And it probably was a fine rifle? But when inspecting the bore it was filthy! And the dealer advised he did not have access to cleaning equipment. Obviously rather than gamble, I passed not knowing what the bore was like. But sure liked the rifle and would have bought it! Lets see some pictures of yours!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #3

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

My dad has my grandpas. It's in 7mm rem. mag. I didn't get to shoot it yet. There is no iron sights and I don't have the money to buy a scope for it. But the action feels really smooth. And it looks like a good rifle.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #4

Default parker hale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
James,

The Parker Hale rifle has always had my up most respect and a good quality rifle. My best friend has one in 243 Win. Caliber which he purchased new back around 1970. I almost purchased one at a gun show a while back in 30-06 Caliber. And it probably was a fine rifle? But when inspecting the bore it was filthy! And the dealer advised he did not have access to cleaning equipment. Obviously rather than gamble, I passed not knowing what the bore was like. But sure liked the rifle and would have bought it! Lets see some pictures of yours!

Great actions. I would have bought it and had it rebarreled to something else.
ct

Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #5

I have a 243 wooden stock got too warped and now has synthetic stock . Action has alittel play in the bolt side to side if i glass bed the stock i could get 1/2 moa this gun has been in my family for years since the 70s

Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #6

Thank u all for your input this is awsome. I can tell u my grandpa my dad and now mine ill tell you what this gun way under rated

Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

James the little side to side movement in the action prior to the bolt being closed and in to battery is absolutely normal for the Mauser Action which the Parker's have! And that is one fine action!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #8

Sniper thnx for the info havnt shot to many Mauser s to knw that thnx my brothers had one but i never did im thinkn i might buy a k 98