Is the p90/ps90 tough
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Is the p90/ps90 tough

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Is the p90/ps90 tough

Was thinking about Buying a FNH ps90 but is it tough. What i mean is can it handle some sand. Can it function in water and mud or will it not fire if that happens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #2

I just bought a PS90 yesterday. I haven't shot it yet. But I'm a person who researches everything. & the research I've done all points to yes it is tough. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6025 Times on 3411 Posts
Likes Given: 5633

I've had one for about a year.
It's never let me down.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #4

image-825971804.jpg

I bought it yesterday. TR version. No sights or optics yet. The loading of the new mags Is tricky at 1st. I haven't shot it yet. Im stoked!!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #5

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I wasn't sure if I wanted one, and so I went down to the range and rented it. Fun as all get out to shoot. What stopped me from wanting one was the magazines. They are a royal pain in the butt to load.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6025 Times on 3411 Posts
Likes Given: 5633

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I wasn't sure if I wanted one, and so I went down to the range and rented it. Fun as all get out to shoot. What stopped me from wanting one was the magazines. They are a royal pain in the butt to load.
That's true.

But you don'y need to load them very often!

Winston Churchill

Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #7

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
That's true.

But you don'y need to load them very often!
I'll give you that. A fifty round mag is a VERY nice feature. My issues would be user and efficiency related. Sucker shoots accurate, once you realize that there is significant difference in ranges on it.
The magazine location is both great and horrible. (I hope I explain this right). You have no magazine hanging down in front. This is a good thing, if that is always your pet peeve.
The drawback to that, you pretty much have to come off target to reload, because you don't slide a magazine in the front, and it's pretty hard to do it one handed.
But, the bullets are designed to cancel over-penetration. I think it's like eight inches after impact it 'flips' and loses power, which is a good feature.
For what it's designed for? It would either be the P90 of the FS2000 as my choice. Smaller than a typical rifle, more powerful than a pistol round, and very quick swings and acquisition.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?