Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   Ordering Online (

tierone 10-03-2011 03:35 AM

Ordering Online
I was just wondering what, in your expert opinions, is the best website to order weapons from?
•Your experience with them
•What type of guns they sell (new,used,lightly used,custom)

mrb1982 10-03-2011 04:15 AM

I've only bought one firearm online and it was the first firearm I ever bought online. I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop. They sell pretty much everything. And I think the overall experience was great. I received good update emails and they seem to do a fair job of letting you know what's going on. Also, Bud's does usually tend to be cheaper than some of the others for whatever reason.

tierone 10-03-2011 04:42 AM

Also include URL adress

Gordo323 10-03-2011 05:30 AM

Davidsons usually has some good prices.
In the end I call my FFL and order thru him, he uses Davidsons a lot but tries to get me the best deal and has a low fee. - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.

OzarkRecluse 10-03-2011 11:40 AM

I've used both Davidsons and Buds quite a bit. I like Buds better because of the free shipping, no sales tax for me, and a better selection. I just bought an AR lower last week. Got it at my FFL in two days.

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

bighosscat 10-03-2011 11:01 PM

I have only purchased one firearm online. I bought a Weatherby from Hendershots Sporting Goods in Maryland via Gunbroker. They shipped the wrong rifle to my FFL. I contacted them and they apologized for their mistake, arranged for the return, and shipped the correct rifle promptly. I'm sure it was an honest mistake since the original rifle they sent was marked on the box much like the one I ordered. It was also more expensive than the rifle I ordered. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I buy most of my guns from Bud's since I live/work only minutes from their store. I purchased a Remington 700 there Saturday and Bodyguard 380 from them two weeks ago. Great selection and service with the best prices around. I wouldn't have any concerns buying online from Bud's.

Hendershots Sporting Goods - Custom Rifles, Ammo and Load Development

therewolf 10-03-2011 11:16 PM

I've personally used Gunbroker and J&G sales, and they've both

been fine.

Generally, you have to ship to a FFL.

IME, add @65$ to the starting cost for shipping and FFL,

IF you don't have to pay sales tax. And yeah, I'd pony

up the dough for insurance. It's cheap.

Money orders work well, and are common currency.

I prefer to use certified mail. Then I can track it,

and also notify the seller of the cert #, so he knows you're

not playing around. You get cert mail verification, so you

are protected, and nobody can tell you the "I didn't get it."

lie for long.

PanBaccha 10-04-2011 12:17 AM

Bud's Gun Shop ... never had a problem with them.
Reliable and speedy delivery from them. Good service.

Txhillbilly 10-04-2011 12:59 AM

I've bought several guns new/used from Gunbroker and Auction Arms over the years,and have never had any problems.
I have also sold a few on those sites too.

zebramochaman 10-04-2011 02:17 AM

I have purchased numerous guns from both SOG and I have been very happy with both sites.