Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Opinions needed on the 7mm Rem Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinions needed on the 7mm Rem Mag

I have the opportunity to pick up a Ruger #1 in 7mm Remington Magnum. It is in excellent like new condition. I do not think it has been fired more than a few times.
I do not know anything about the 7mmRM. I understand it to be a very accurate round and that is shoot pretty flat.

I used to have a link to some charts but no longer. Anyone have an expert opinion.

* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Rem 7 mag

The remington 7mm mag is one of the very best hunting rounds available. It made MAJOR waves upon introduction that's still going strong. Very versaitle and accurate,suitable for darn near anything in north america and it has taken every single species of game in north america. Also very easy to reload for. If you decide to NOT buy it lemme know plz.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #3

Just had it put away for me. I am looking forward to get it out. I am going to try to push the distance on it to see just how far I can go.

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #4

Default 7mm

it is not allowed in the state of colorado

Attitude is Everything

Old 10-28-2007, 01:44 AM   #5

Stalkingbear is right, I have one but no longer use it, easy recoil very accurate and easy to load for. GET IT.LOL.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
That is a new on on me, but good that I live in SD.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 AM   #7
Cub

Default 7mm A-bolt Browning

Not sure what you will be using the 7mm for up there, but I've own a few 7mm Browning and they are great guns. Shot quite a few moose and bears with them. Very flat accurate bullet, had a few moose dropped at 400 yards easily!

Old 10-28-2007, 04:15 AM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
Now I am not trying to be an Ahole here just trying to figure out what you are talking about, why would the 7mm mag not be legal to use when it meets all the requirments the CODOW set for for centerfire rifle?

I looked up the big game hunting laws in CO and the say the following for rifle season.
Quote:
1. CENTERFIRE RIFLES
a. Must be min. .24 caliber (6 mm).
b. Must have min. a 16-inch barrel and be at least 26 inches long.
c. If semiautomatic, they can hold max. of 6 rounds in the magazine and
chamber combined.
d. Must use expanding bullets that weigh min. 70 grains for deer, pronghorn
and bear, 85 grains for elk and moose, and have an impact energy (at
100 yds.) of 1,000-ft. pounds as rated by manufacturer.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub View Post
Not sure what you will be using the 7mm for up there, but I've own a few 7mm Browning and they are great guns. Shot quite a few moose and bears with them. Very flat accurate bullet, had a few moose dropped at 400 yards easily!
Mainly Deer, Elk and possibly Mt Lion. (I think that shooting antelope with it would be overkill.) A lot of out shots get out past 200yrds and I want something flat and accurate. I have a .30-06 but am looking for something a little flatter. Beside this is one of those opportunities that i do not want to pass up. Quality rifle, excellent caliber, fantastic price.

Next I will have to figure out some good optics for it.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Bushnell Elite 4200 Luepold VX-II, VX-III, Burris Nikon woud be what I was looking for.