One step up - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > One step up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmidgets

I just shoot fmjs, and when I use the hornadys, my rifle shoots just high and to the left at 100yds. Nothing a few easy clicks won't fix. And good luck. I hope you find what your looking for.
Well I did a quick check on one of the whole sale websites that I'm going to be buying the rifle from and they don't seem to have the superformance in .223, but have it in damn near everything else though.

I was actually planning on just using FMJs for the most part. Reason behind that it the rifle would mostly be used for target practice and I see no point in spending extra money on SP/HP rounds for the range.

That's actually not to bad of an adjustment. Guess when I buy a box of SP/HP I'll have to make a similar adjustment as well. But only time will tell.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Well I did a quick check on one of the whole sale websites that I'm going to be buying the rifle from and they don't seem to have the superformance in .223, but have it in damn near everything else though.

I was actually planning on just using FMJs for the most part. Reason behind that it the rifle would mostly be used for target practice and I see no point in spending extra money on SP/HP rounds for the range.

That's actually not to bad of an adjustment. Guess when I buy a box of SP/HP I'll have to make a similar adjustment as well. But only time will tell.
Well yeah, I just shoot fmjs mostly, but I just bought 1 box of 20 for the heck of it.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #23

Quote:

Well yeah, I just shoot fmjs mostly, but I just bought 1 box of 20 for the heck of it.
That makes a lot more sense then what I was thinking. For some reason I assumed you used that round a good bit when you went out shooting.

Because my curious side is comming out, have you been able to test the expansion of the surperformance at all?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

That makes a lot more sense then what I was thinking. For some reason I assumed you used that round a good bit when you went out shooting.

Because my curious side is comming out, have you been able to test the expansion of the surperformance at all?
Unfortunately not, but as with all hornady bullets I'm sure it is impressive. You might be able to find a video on YouTube or something though.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #25

Quote:

Unfortunately not, but as with all hornady bullets I'm sure it is impressive. You might be able to find a video on YouTube or something though.
That's true, I probaly can.