Which one should I get? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which one should I get?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tyler,Texas
Posts: 129
Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
I thought about the 7mmwsm but it's a pita to find the gun plus the ammo and the dies to load it lol I see more 300wsm around me then the other wsms that why it came to mind then the other ones
I understand what you mean. Availability is pretty crucial right now.
__________________
Popeye77 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Now how the bird get brought in to this lol
He said ULTRA MAG was as close as you can get to talkin dirty in the gun world/speak. I mentioned them to prove him wrong
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

He said ULTRA MAG was as close as you can get to talkin dirty in the gun world/speak. I mentioned them to prove him wrong
No proof bud sorry them are war names not porn names
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

He said ULTRA MAG was as close as you can get to talkin dirty in the gun world/speak. I mentioned them to prove him wrong
O just random lol how it got brought up
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tyler,Texas
Posts: 129
Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
No he doesn't need a short mag. Shorties give the same BC as belted mags at the ranges he can reliabily shoot.
With all due respect Ballistic coefficient has nothing to do with what I was posting. If I am in error let me know.


Moreover, the improved efficiency of propellant burn in a shorter/fatter case profile also allows the WSM to achieve higher velocities with equivalent bullets than their longer case counterparts–with less powder mass. For example, the propellant charge weight behind a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 WSM load is 68.0 grains; the charge weight in a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 Winchester Magnum load is 81.0 grains. The .300 WSM clocks 2970 fps at the muzzle; the .300 Winchester Magnum clocks 2960 fps.




The Browning A-Bolt features a tang-mounted manual safety, a visible cocking indicator, a wide grooved trigger, a hinged magazine floorplate, and an easy-to-operate external bolt-release latch.

In technical terms, smaller powder charge weights translate into smaller “ejecta mass,” which means less absolute recoil. So the new .270 WSM and 7mm WSM cartridges, like the .300 WSM, actually provide more velocity and less recoil with the same exact bullets than the longer case predecessor .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, or .300 Winchester Magnum. More velocity, less recoil! I know this sounds impossible, but it is immediately apparent when shooting.


Read more: http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/01/04/ammunition_st_0201_winchester/#ixzz2HF53yOaS
__________________
Popeye77 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post

I understand what you mean. Availability is pretty crucial right now.
Ya it has nothing to do with gun craze right now it just aint a popular round by me everyone gose for the 7mmrm more and I can order every thing for but its easier to be able to go to the store a pick up what I need for it
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post

With all due respect Ballistic coefficient has nothing to do with what I was posting. If I am in error let me know.

Moreover, the improved efficiency of propellant burn in a shorter/fatter case profile also allows the WSM to achieve higher velocities with equivalent bullets than their longer case counterparts–with less powder mass. For example, the propellant charge weight behind a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 WSM load is 68.0 grains; the charge weight in a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 Winchester Magnum load is 81.0 grains. The .300 WSM clocks 2970 fps at the muzzle; the .300 Winchester Magnum clocks 2960 fps.

The Browning A-Bolt features a tang-mounted manual safety, a visible cocking indicator, a wide grooved trigger, a hinged magazine floorplate, and an easy-to-operate external bolt-release latch.

In technical terms, smaller powder charge weights translate into smaller “ejecta mass,” which means less absolute recoil. So the new .270 WSM and 7mm WSM cartridges, like the .300 WSM, actually provide more velocity and less recoil with the same exact bullets than the longer case predecessor .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, or .300 Winchester Magnum. More velocity, less recoil! I know this sounds impossible, but it is immediately apparent when shooting.

Read more: http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/01/04/ammunition_st_0201_winchester/#ixzz2HF53yOaS
The Browning a bolt is ok but many guns have the same features as it does. Like was said ford dodge chevy or winchester remington Browning. Have u seen a recoil chart??? Take a look if not the wsm due produce more recoil.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

The Browning a bolt is ok but many guns have the same features as it does. Like was said ford dodge chevy or winchester remington Browning. Have u seen a recoil chart??? Take a look if not the wsm due produce more recoil.
I dont care what gun any mag is in you feel recoil lol no disrespect to anyone but thats the way the gun world is
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

I dont care what gun any mag is in you feel recoil lol no disrespect to anyone but thats the way the gun world is
Are u gettin smart with us??? Marlinmonkey get out the whip. I pointed out a slight error on that post about recoil thats all now behave or powwww
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post

With all due respect Ballistic coefficient has nothing to do with what I was posting. If I am in error let me know.

Moreover, the improved efficiency of propellant burn in a shorter/fatter case profile also allows the WSM to achieve higher velocities with equivalent bullets than their longer case counterparts–with less powder mass. For example, the propellant charge weight behind a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 WSM load is 68.0 grains; the charge weight in a 180-grain Fail Safe .300 Winchester Magnum load is 81.0 grains. The .300 WSM clocks 2970 fps at the muzzle; the .300 Winchester Magnum clocks 2960 fps.

The Browning A-Bolt features a tang-mounted manual safety, a visible cocking indicator, a wide grooved trigger, a hinged magazine floorplate, and an easy-to-operate external bolt-release latch.

In technical terms, smaller powder charge weights translate into smaller “ejecta mass,” which means less absolute recoil. So the new .270 WSM and 7mm WSM cartridges, like the .300 WSM, actually provide more velocity and less recoil with the same exact bullets than the longer case predecessor .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, or .300 Winchester Magnum. More velocity, less recoil! I know this sounds impossible, but it is immediately apparent when shooting.

Read more: http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/01/04/ammunition_st_0201_winchester/#ixzz2HF53yOaS
Well as mulie said-your wrong. They do produce more recoil, they DO have less impact levels at say 300 yards, they don't have enough of a speed increase to make a dang bit of difference, and they cost alot more to feed. I have shot ALOT of belted magnums and ALOT of shorties and can tell you the real differences in em-not a whole hell of alot except bolt throw distance. Long range the belted has more power, better BC and more range per trajectory reach-amd don't throw this book bs at me on the range stuff. Them books are WRONG on real world applications. They are set theoretically in PERFECT conditions w no wind and no other factors that really matter thrown in-wind, humidity, world spin, heat, barometer, dew point, and most importantly the human error factors.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes