Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which one should I get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

The 7mm has been one hell of a elk slayer for my daughter untill she passed, I used he rifle this yr to hammer a colorado bull an a new mex bull. That was fun I had to add a limbsaver pad to get the lop a lil longer. Still to short so its getting retired.
One of theses day I want to go elk hunting but that will have to wait till im able to afford it and agian im really sorry about your lil girl man I bet that ment a lot to you to use her gun on those hunts

Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #22

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Not to confuse you but if your going 7 mag I would go with 7mm WSM. Reason being when they developed those cartridges they asked the military. How to build the most efficient and accurate case in relation to powder column and case design. Military told em in so many words a fat case and short powder column was more efficient. So now we have the WSM,s. That's the gist of what remember of that article. Others can probably correct or clarify this. Good luck with your choice and start tearing some ragged holes with it.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #23

Quote:

Let the mods begin!!!!! But trust me to be a true shooter one must shoot right??? Well the big mags bite real good after 40 or so rounds so the muzzle brake an pad are a god send.
Ya my 110 has a kick h*ll were its comparable to a 31/2 just with out that punch to the cheek you get with shotguns once in a while

Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #24

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
Not to confuse you but if your going 7 mag I would go with 7mm WSM. Reason being when they developed those cartridges they asked the military. How to build the most efficient and accurate case in relation to powder column and case design. Military told em in so many words a fat case and short powder column was more efficient. So now we have the WSM,s. That's the gist of what remember of that article. Others can probably correct or clarify this. Good luck with your choice and start tearing some ragged holes with it.
No he doesn't need a short mag. Shorties give the same BC as belted mags at the ranges he can reliabily shoot.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
I thought about the 7mmwsm but it's a pita to find the gun plus the ammo and the dies to load it lol I see more 300wsm around me then the other wsms that why it came to mind then the other ones

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

he can reliabily shoot.
Plus that lol but im get practise

Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #27

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Plus that lol but im get practise
The 7mm is just fine the way she is, I just went with the ultra due to a friend that had one I just loved it. Plus say it out loud ULTRA MAG now thats as close to talking dirty in the gun world as it gets boys.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #28

Quote:

The 7mm is just fine the way she is, I just went with the ultra due to a friend that had one I just loved it. Plus say it out loud ULTRA MAG now thats as close to talking dirty in the gun world as it gets boys.
Two reasons I wont go with the ultra one there in no way I can afford the ammo and two I aint ready for a beast of a round yet lol

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #29

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

No it isn't.....warbird, colossus, titan, raptor, and sea hawk all come to mind and all are lazzeroni ca'tidges

Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

No it isn't.....warbird, colossus, titan, raptor, and sea hawk all come to mind and all are lazzeroni ca'tidges
Now how the bird get brought in to this lol