Which one should I get? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which one should I get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Do you think it better quality then a 700 and 16/116?
Better quality than remmy or savage?? NOPE NOT AT ALL its like this, ford, dodge ,chevy, gmc, or this winchester, remington, browning, marlin ,see where this is going. Its all in what u like an feels right to you. Im a true winchester collector ask marlinman what close numbers I have of winchesters. They are my drug of choice them an marlins.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Better quality than remmy or savage?? NOPE NOT AT ALL its like this, ford, dodge ,chevy, gmc, or this winchester, remington, browning, marlin ,see where this is going. Its all in what u like an feels right to you. Im a true winchester collector ask marlinman what close numbers I have of winchesters. They are my drug of choice them an marlins.
Ya I never looked at it that way but its a good point of view

Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #13

Quote:

Ya I never looked at it that way but its a good point of view
Yup what I like, or feel is the best is never for the most part gonna be the same as you. But im not one sided either except for ammo an optics, I feel that the big 5 gun names all strive to top one another an thats a win for us, it ensures that we 99.9% of the time will get a quality firearm.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #14

Quote:

Yup what I like, or feel is the best is never for the most part gonna be the same as you. But im not one sided either except for ammo an optics, I feel that the big 5 gun names all strive to top one another an thats a win for us, it ensures that we 99.9% of the time will get a quality firearm.
Yep very true now I need to pick a caliber lol because im probably goin to go with a m70 just dont know what I want it in

Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #15

Quote:

Yep very true now I need to pick a caliber lol because im probably goin to go with a m70 just dont know what I want it in
I put together a 7mm ultra a couple yrs ago with nightforce scope model 700 action, an its a real stomper way out west, been very fun playing with the lr style of shooting. The nightforce is just shy of perfect but it is far from a nice price shall we say. So for long range the 7mm has a very high bc an is near perfect for that app. If u plan on just a typical use gun then just grab a .300 win an dont look back or the ol 7mm will be great

Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #16

Quote:

Also note that with a goodd recoil pad like a kick ease, an a muzzle brake, wa la you have the best 180$ ever spent on a belted magnum. Trust that. I choot a lotta rounds out of several big bores each an every week.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #17

Quote:

I put together a 7mm ultra a couple yrs ago with nightforce scope model 700 action, an its a real stomper way out west, been very fun playing with the lr style of shooting. The nightforce is just shy of perfect but it is far from a nice price shall we say. So for long range the 7mm has a very high bc an is near perfect for that app. If u plan on just a typical use gun then just grab a .300 win an dont look back or the ol 7mm will be great
Alright I think you and marlin talked me in to the 7mm mag it neck and neck with the 300 and it a little cheaper to reload

Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #18

Quote:

Also note that with a goodd recoil pad like a kick ease, an a muzzle brake, wa la you have the best 180$ ever spent on a belted magnum. Trust that. I choot a lotta rounds out of several big bores each an every week.
Lol let me get the gun first then talk about mods to it now I have to wait for income tax

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #19

Quote:

Alright I think you and marlin talked me in to the 7mm mag it neck and neck with the 300 and it a little cheaper to reload
The 7mm has been one hell of a elk slayer for my daughter untill she passed, I used he rifle this yr to hammer a colorado bull an a new mex bull. That was fun I had to add a limbsaver pad to get the lop a lil longer. Still to short so its getting retired.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #20

Quote:

Lol let me get the gun first then talk about mods to it now I have to wait for income tax
Let the mods begin!!!!! But trust me to be a true shooter one must shoot right??? Well the big mags bite real good after 40 or so rounds so the muzzle brake an pad are a god send.