Which one should I get? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which one should I get?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

There you go you killed the deer that made you scratch your gun so your even plus its a good story to tell your friends
Not a good story tho when I have to re tell it lmao it still pisses me right off
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Ohhhh now u did it a 25/06 the amazing lil ghost of the plains. The 25/06 has a place in my heart as well.
I borrowed a friends .25-06 BAR a few years back, I own a .30-06 BAR,
nice gun, heavy if you have to carry it very far. Anyway, really fell in love
with the .25-06 round. Makes very nice holes in whitetails.

Well I have this old Nazi Mauser 98k, barrel is shot out of it, numbers do
not match. Furniture is almost ready for kindling. But the action is in
good, heck almost great shape. 8mm Mauser and the '06's share the same
case head.

So I am going to buy a barrel blank and try my hand at some gunsmithing.
I have a 13x40 engine lathe and bridgeport so the big machining questions
are answered. Any welding will be done with the Miller Dynasty 300DX.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy


Last edited by Shade; 01-07-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
Thanks one of these day I might get a 25-06 its a good caliber just got to find one
You will like it, but I would put a 7mm RM ahead of it on the list.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Not a good story tho when I have to re tell it lmao it still pisses me right off
Lol its memories
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post

I borrowed a friends .25-06 BAR a few years back, I own a .30-06 BAR,
nice gun, heavy if you have to carry it very far. Anyway, really fell in love
with the .25-06 round. Makes very nice holes in whitetails.

Well I have this old Nazi Mauser 98k, barrel is shot out of it, numbers do
not match. Furniture is almost ready for kindling. But the action is in
good, heck almost great shape. 8mm Mauser and the '06's share the same
case head.

So I am going to buy a barrel blank and try my hand at some gunsmithing.
I have a 13x40 engine lathe and bridgeport so the big machining questions
are answered. Any welding will be done with the Miller Dynasty 300DX.
Great build choice sounds like a blast. I have a few 25/06 in both bolt an single shot ruger #1's they are my number 1 choice for speed goats out here in the hills of new mex.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post

I borrowed a friends .25-06 BAR a few years back, I own a .30-06 BAR,
nice gun, heavy if you have to carry it very far. Anyway, really fell in love
with the .25-06 round. Makes very nice holes in whitetails.

Well I have this old Nazi Mauser 98k, barrel is shot out of it, numbers do
not match. Furniture is almost ready for kindling. But the action is in
good, heck almost great shape. 8mm Mauser and the '06's share the same
case head.

So I am going to buy a barrel blank and try my hand at some gunsmithing.
I have a 13x40 engine lathe and bridgeport so the big machining questions
are answered. Any welding will be done with the Miller Dynasty 300DX.
Lol man I did not what to here about a bar:,( thats why I em getting this new gun I had a browning Belgian made bar made in 1984 in 30-06 and I loved that gun but I went to California and some family problems came up here at home in Missouri and my mom traded my bar for a taurus pt 24/7 pro
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Lol man I did not what to here about a bar:,( thats why I em getting this new gun I had a browning Belgian made bar made in 1984 in 30-06 and I loved that gun but I went to California and some family problems came up here at home in Missouri and my mom traded my bar for a taurus pt 24/7 pro
Suck it up buttercup and go shoot some poor little defenseless animal.....like a sparrow
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Suck it up buttercup and go shoot some poor little defenseless animal.....like a sparrow
Or a DemocRAT.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Or a DemocRAT.
He couldn't hit one......ill shoot one for you though
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

Suck it up buttercup and go shoot some poor little defenseless animal.....like a sparrow
That was not my fult they should stay out of a squirrels nest and maybe I wont shoot them
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes