Which one should I get?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which one should I get?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default Which one should I get?

Ok need help here to make up my mined im try to choose a new rifle but I can't pick witch one I should get im looking at remingtons 700 winchester m70 and savage model 16/116 and another thing is what caliber im thinking 300wsm 300win mag or 7mm rem mag its goin to be my go to deer rifle my shots are goin to be less then a 100 yards out to 350/ 400 yards and I know im goin to be told "i dont need a magnum look at a 06 or 270 that will do the job fine" I agree it will but I want a new gun / caliber to and to my collection thank you for your help

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,264
Liked 2102 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Default

I am seeing more 270 available in the stores right now where I live and it was my favorite hunting caliber. Recoil is lighter than the 06 which helps when you are getting old. By the way, Witches ride brooms.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I am seeing more 270 available in the stores right now where I live and it was my favorite hunting caliber. Recoil is lighter than the 06 which helps when you are getting old. By the way, Witches ride brooms.
Lol my bad didn't notices that when I wrote it but anyways I have a 30-06 that I love it but its to heavy to walk around the woods all day with and recoil don't bother me much any more and where im at walmart has a shelf full of 7mmrm and they always have 300wm in stock plus I reload so finding ammo aint to big of a problem so what gun would you prefer to look at more then the others
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,572
Liked 5924 Times on 3350 Posts
Likes Given: 5472

Default

If I had to get a magnum, it would be a 300 or 7mm RUM.

The RUM outperforms the the others by ac mile.

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
If I had to get a magnum, it would be a 300 or 7mm RUM.

The RUM outperforms the the others by ac mile.
Ya my uncle has a 300 ultra mag but he lives it California and hunts pigs in open areas where shots are out 6-700 yards and he dropped a few with it past 600 yard but im not really for a ultra mag yet plus I believe it a to big for my needs at the moment but what gun would you get it in I have held all of them but I cant make up my mind on what one I want
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Ya my uncle has a 300 ultra mag but he lives it California and hunts pigs in open areas where shots are out 6-700 yards and he dropped a few with it past 600 yard but im not really for a ultra mag yet plus I believe it a to big for my needs at the moment but what gun would you get it in I have held all of them but I cant make up my mind on what one I want
Hummmmmmm did I not say the ultra??? Didnt I, didnt I , why yes I did I did, nnow go buy one an shut up, oh an just hold the different models an the one that feels the best go with it becouse they dont make junk except the 770.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

Ya my uncle has a 300 ultra mag but he lives it California and hunts pigs in open areas where shots are out 6-700 yards and he dropped a few with it past 600 yard but im not really for a ultra mag yet plus I believe it a to big for my needs at the moment but what gun would you get it in I have held all of them but I cant make up my mind on what one I want
Cant make up your mind you say huh??? I just picked up a model 70 super grade an ohhhh baby her is perty. So hummmmm choices huh also the white gold x bolt is stunning.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Cant make up your mind you say huh??? I just picked up a model 70 super grade an ohhhh baby her is perty. So hummmmm choices huh also the white gold x bolt is stunning.
800 bucks is the limit lol my mom has to replace my browning she traded when I was in California for 6 months long story sad ending if you want to know I will pm you. I was thinking about the 700 sps model 70 shadow or the savage 16/116 I want to keep the cost low so I can get a good quality scope for it two
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post

800 bucks is the limit lol my mom has to replace my browning she traded when I was in California for 6 months long story sad ending if you want to know I will pm you. I was thinking about the 700 sps model 70 shadow or the savage 16/116 I want to keep the cost low so I can get a good quality scope for it two
Cant go wrong with any of those choices my model 70 I picked it up friday, ran me $1009 so a lil higher than u want to spend, but I do like the look an feel of the 70 ultimate shadow, they have one for 679.99
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Cant go wrong with any of those choices my model 70 I picked it up friday, ran me $1009 so a lil higher than u want to spend, but I do like the look an feel of the 70 ultimate shadow, they have one for 679.99
Do you think it better quality then a 700 and 16/116?
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes