Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which One?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Go CMP and get 'em both for what you could get a GArand for on the open market. Just have to wait a while for them!
If you have to make the choice, Garand for sure. If you come 'round to the carbine, just get a quality one...there are some crap-pay ones ot there in the universe(sal).

Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #12

I don't think it would be a hard decision for me, I would go with the Garand. I will say that I would not want to tote it around all day because it is heavy and gets heavier the longer you carry it. I have several guns, both hand guns and long guns, and I can say that the Garand is by far my favorite one, even though it is not the most accurate.

If you decide on the Garand, please don't make a sporterized bubba piece out of a beautiful work of art!.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

the Garand kick poppycock. That is like shooting a 22. I used to shot one all the time when I was a kid. My dad has 2 of them. The Garand was and is a great rifle.

The carbine is under powered the men in battle said that. the 30 carmine round was a joke.

I say save your money and get yourself a Thompson sub. You can get a real fa one for around $10,000 with a 100 round stick and a 200 round drum I believe. Now that is dolling out some fire power right there buddy.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm with the Captain, I can shoot that 13 lb. hammer all day long without any noticeable effects from recoil. My Garand is by far one of the most pleasurable firearms I have ever shot. Buy the Garand.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.