old rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > old rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default old rifle

my grandfathers rifle is old it is a 32 cal octagon barrel rimfire single shot what im looking for is an idea as to where i can find ammo for this

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #2

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Just curious! I have something similar. No markings on it and the stock is broken. Is there any more details or pics you could get of the rifle. I would love to replace my stock but know not where to find one. I have no idea on the ammo you are asking about. Sorry!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The best place that I can think of for finding old .32 rimfire is gun shows. Yhey would be the best place to start. Then maybe you might find a guy that makes them or has a surplus of them from a gun show. As far as online buying I am not sure.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default old gun

for ammo try the company ...''old western scrounger'' some of the old .32 were in reality black powder cartridges..not smokeless ..do your homework on this and have the gun checked out by a certified gunsmith before firing it or even cleaning it for that matter as modern solvents can harm the finish on old guns

Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #5

You rifle is more than likely a Stevens Crackshot or a Favorite. Navy Arms occasionally does a run of 32 rimfire. Check their site or OWS since they now own it. Also check out Dixie Gun Works. They have a form of reloadable rimfire you can use for 32 rimfire.

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

Last edited by Dcomf; 06-29-2010 at 05:05 PM.