Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Old Battle Rifles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/old-battle-rifles-53118/)

TLuker 12-07-2011 02:02 AM

Old Battle Rifles

Iím glad to see that old battle rifles remain so popular: Mausers, Enfields, Springfields, Garands, Mosins, and so on. Those guns are just cool. Theyíre tough as nails, relatively cheap especially for what you get, and theyíre fun. They are also getting old, really old. And theyíre declining in numbers and available parts. Iím guessing the Mosins will be the last hurrah for the military bolt actions.

Now I just canít help but to wonder what is going to replace them. So what if any of todayís popular military rifles do any of you think will be popular surplus rifles in the future? ARís and AKís donít count because the public will not be buying those guns ďas isĒ when in service. :confused:

JonM 12-07-2011 02:05 AM

unfortunately unless we somehow get rid of chairman regean's (may he rot in hell) 1986 nfa ban there wont be any post korea battle rafle sales :( fotr a guy that purported to hate communism he sure acted in the worst interest of the constitution during his reign

Firearms4ever 12-07-2011 12:37 PM

I agree with Jon. One also has to remember that a lot of the surplus firearms from WWI, WWII, Korea, and so forth are still in use by various militias, local forces, and "militaries". So they will be around for a good while, that's for sure.

trip286 12-07-2011 12:54 PM

Yeah, for post korea rifles, current era future surplus rifles will likely be stolen property, which doesn't really count as surplus. We are pretty much at the end of the rope on this one. Once the current surplus rifles are gone, there is no turning back I believe. Get em while they're hot!

vincent 12-07-2011 01:11 PM

My mosinitis is acting up again...must...resist...awww screw it, just one more THEN I quit...ya, that's it, one more, it's the holidays...I can quit anytime I want...

trip286 12-07-2011 01:44 PM

Resistance is futile. Give in. give in now. Just do it. You know you won't regret it. You always need another one. there are so many to choose from.

TheOldMan 12-07-2011 01:56 PM

I don't see anything fielded today that will become a valued surplus item in the future. In my opinion, they've not made them like they used to. Nothing "special" about anything currently being used. Everything is either based off of an AR or AK..

therewolf 12-07-2011 04:46 PM

I'll say G3s, FALs. and M14s,

all in the venerable

NATO 7.62 X 51 round.

I'm not all that impressed by the new Russian, the AN-94,

or it's 5.56 copycat 5.45 round, either.

hoganfireman 12-07-2011 05:11 PM

I was watching tac tv and they presented the new mp7, in this new micro caliber. No stopping power but the new rifle is sweet.

hoganfireman 12-12-2011 12:50 PM

I just picked up my m1a from the gun shop yesterday and in my opinion this was the last great battle rifle ever conceived. It was a marriage between new tech and old tech. The combination if walnut and fullauto makes this battle implement the last.