the old ball and chain..... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > the old ball and chain.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This was years ago,but the topic still brings laughs around our family.....

I was sort of sneaking in rifles.My excuse was not about the money but about wifey not understanding that each rifle had specific chores.For a cpl very good reasons,I kept painting the syth stocks the same flat,O.D. Green.Hey,I liked the color.....and it was working very well for hunting.Most were sporting bipods and slings,ect,ect.

One day I was cleaning out the safes or sumthing?But in anycase there was a whole line of these basically,look-a-like rifles.Think about 10-12 feet's worth....side by side(a BUNCH).And guess who happens to walk in?She didn't "get it" at first.......but you could see the wheels turning.She didn't say anything .....just shook her head and kept walking.

The kids now joke about that color whenever the subject of rifle or bow paint is brought up....go figure?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
That's right. Shoot the rocket and run like a some bitch.
You spelled some the wrong way. It's supposed to be sum'! And to the question if someone can put a number on enough guns, it's different for everyone. For some there is no number and for some it's one. It's like any hobby, each person wants to get into it in different degrees. It really depends on the time and money each person has to spend on it.