the old ball and chain..... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

the old ball and chain.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 356 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Really? I believed you over looked something. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH GUNS!!! PERIOD.
Myth ... pure myth.

That you can never have enough ammo is true.

That you can never have enough money is also true.

But gun purchases for guys seem to be like shoe or dress purchases for women ... often totally out of control.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #22

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I agree. never can u have enough guns. More guns u have the better protected u and Ur family r.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #23

Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
I agree. never can u have enough guns. More guns u have the better protected u and Ur family r.
Hush up now. When shoobee speaks, everyone else is just wrong...
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #24

I believe in "too much" but I'm nowhere near it! I need a bolt action rifle, another handgun, and a 22lr.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Myth ... pure myth.

That you can never have enough ammo is true.

That you can never have enough money is also true.

But gun purchases for guys seem to be like shoe or dress purchases for women ... often totally out of control.
Yeah, Yeah, keep telling yourself that. I'll go the fun route and buy as many as I want.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #26

Yeah yeah I like that as many as I want. If only we can own what ever we wanted. Hehehehehe.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #27

Id own a ****ing rocket launcher if I could. Why. Because I want one. No other reason than I want one. Lol.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #28

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Id own a ****ing rocket launcher if I could. Why. Because I want one. No other reason than I want one. Lol.
You can own one. It may be illegal, but it is POSSIBLE own one. Lol I'm joking. But seriously, what would you do with it? I also don't really consider a rocket launcher a gun. I also would like to say I believe that I CAN have enough guns. I'm not saying that is true for everyone nor am I saying I have enough now. I'm just saying I know I need to draw a line somewhere.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #29

Liked 1758 Times on 1051 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Since long, happy marriages are not built on lies or deceit I use a different tact. My wife is far too smart to try to B.S. I gave up trying to lie to her in the first few months. She has a built-in lie detector. (Yours probably do too, and you haven't figured it out yet)

I have convinced my wife that firearms are great investments. I keep detailed logs of facts and prices so that when I croak, she can set up on Gunbroker and have a ball getting all of those old smelly guns out of her house. My wife now sees my guns as an investment in HER future.
The truth of the matter is, my guns could return two dollars for every dollar I paid for them, and she knows it.

Now, when the old UPS truck comes rumbling up the drive, I get no static. When I show her my beautiful new firearm, she rolls her eyes, shakes her head and everything is good.

Carl Sagan

Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22395 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i don't feel compelled to ask permission to buy anything, as i haven't in over 35 years after leaving home. i am an adult and don't feel that i need to have permission to buy things i want. i have two ex-wives who felt differently, but that's part of the reason they are ex-wives. my current wife, doesn't mind and i do no differently with her than the first two, she just understands that firearms are a part of my life and knows that it's something i truly enjoy. so she doesn't try to change me to fit her, as the first two tried, but accepts me for who and what i am. another consideration is, that she enjoys shooting with me at times, which is something the other two would never have done.

shoobee, firearms can be investment also. they can also be a great source of enjoyment for many of us. many of us true firearms enthusiasts view firearms not just for a practical need, but something we enjoy collecting and shooting. some also acquire them from their fathers and grandfathers and other family members, and those are family heirlooms that have much family history. my motto is one can never have too many guns.