NRA token/coin - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > NRA token/coin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Well put Ready.
Much like the other groups I am no longer really a part of, they seem to come out only when serious media attention is involved. Aside from that the attention is on making money.
From what I have seen 90% of the time their input is ineffective. This I've seen on both the state and federal level. I respect each and every one of them for continuing their fight but I've invested enough of my time and money in losing battles that make others rich.
When uncle Nugent is president I'll renew my membership.
I feel the same way, But will continue to send $$ to the NRA and ILA, dont know what else i can do besides voting..They are very effective, especially in the "gun rack" democrat states. I'm with you on Uncle Ted, regardless of his past, he is a strong advocate in our corner now....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I don't blame the NRA. I blame It's members. It was a 'get Obama out of office ' challenge coin. The members failed to unite and vote to make it happen.
Hell I bet we have a few NRA members here who voted to keep him in office.
Failure does not get you a challenge coin.
Blaming NRA members is, IMO, ignorant. The NRA has only 5 million members, and that's post Sandy Hook numbers. They swelled after Sandy Hook, which was a month after the election.

Lets assume 100% of NRA members voted for Obama. Do you really think 5 million votes, across the country, would have changed the election outcome? Unfortunately Obama ended up winning by a fairly healthy margin in Ohio and a couple other swing states.

In reality, probably the vast majority of NRA members did NOT vote for Obama. I don't have numbers, but I assume most voted for Romney or third party candidates.

You want to blame someone? Blame Romney for running a bad campaign. Blame the inner city vote.

Don't blame people who probably did everything they could to stop his re-election.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 07-28-2013 at 11:03 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I don't blame the NRA. I blame It's members. It was a 'get Obama out of office ' challenge coin. The members failed to unite and vote to make it happen.
Hell I bet we have a few NRA members here who voted to keep him in office.
Failure does not get you a challenge coin.

You are correct mountainman. When I voted for Obama, I was an NRA member. When my membership expired, I chose NOT to renew it.
ct

Old 07-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post

You are correct mountainman. When I voted for Obama, I was an NRA member. When my membership expired, I chose NOT to renew it.
ct
Different reasons, same decision. They still get plenty of money from me anyway.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #25

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I think that most people don't even keep up with the gun laws until there is a threat of taking something away. Thats when people take notice. But how many of us are involved in the NRA other then giving them a few dollars here and there to fight for our rights. They have alot of programs out there. Take the time to check them out and get invovled. I just wished they would come out my way more often

Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
I think that most people don't even keep up with the gun laws until there is a threat of taking something away. Thats when people take notice. But how many of us are involved in the NRA other then giving them a few dollars here and there to fight for our rights. They have alot of programs out there. Take the time to check them out and get invovled. I just wished they would come out my way more often
Good point. While I'm not currently paying for a membership I am still paying for certifications from them and I will continue to be a part of the programs they offer at my club.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
You blame a gun rights organization for the Kenyan usurper falsifying documents and being put into office by communists infiltrators?

This is not a time to give up, or give in. Throwing in the towel is not a viable option.

After this last election fraud, I upgraded my membership from Life, to Endowment life, purchased a Life membership for my wife, and once her membership came in the mail, I upgraded her Life membership to Endowment Life.

Once your boat springs a leak, is not the time to throw pans overboard, and take a nap.

Wow! You are one romantic dude. I'll bet your wife liked that better than a new vacuum cleaner or a new set of canning jars even.
ct

Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #28

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

The only coin I have is not an NRA coin, but a President Bush's Commander-in-chief coin, given to me by him.
Bet u drink for free in alot of military bars

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
Bet u drink for free in alot of military bars
I would, if I ever went to military bars anymore or used the coin for that purpose. Never been able to, which I'm ok with.

Always have clean socks.