NRA delema? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > NRA delema?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You guys have shown me the error of my ways. The NRA totally sucks. Don't send them another nickel. Eight cents a day is totally out of line. What a schlub I've been to think it was a worthwhile investment.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

At this point, in this thread, the problem isn't so much the NRA, it's more your ****head attitude.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #23

Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 44

How much of my dues are spent by sending me and every other obvious 2A supporting member numerous mailings. Why do they push so many foreign made products.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

They push foreign made products because they're cheap and being used to try to raise some cash. Do you buy cheap stuff at Walmart or do you go up to Main Street and spend 50% more at a store owned by one of your neighbors?
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a friend or co-worker remark on a piece of anti-gun legislation and say, "the NRA better do something about this" I ask "Are you a member?" and they say in a surprised tone "No", I could shoot a lot more.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
They push foreign made products because they're cheap and being used to try to raise some cash. Do you buy cheap stuff at Walmart or do you go up to Main Street and spend 50% more at a store owned by one of your neighbors?
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a friend or co-worker remark on a piece of anti-gun legislation and say, "the NRA better do something about this" I ask "Are you a member?" and they say in a surprised tone "No", I could shoot a lot more.
And when i was a LIFETIME member i watched 'em sit on their thumbs and compromise away our rights....i finally had had enough and told 'em to piss off! Now its the GOA that gets my support!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm not thrilled with everything the NRA does either. I just think they do a lot more than the GOA and most other groups competing for our money. Actually the Second Amendment Foundation is the group doing the most right now for our rights, they're the ones who fought and won the Heller and McDonald lawsuits that are truly making history and enhancing our liberties. And that is FIERCELY expensive. If you hate the NRA send them a couple bucks.
I just gauge my estimation of the NRAs effectiveness by the amount of vituperation poured on them by the enemies of liberty. When was the last time you heard someone on MSNBC bitch about "those cretins at the GOA"?