not sure if this qualifies as a curio. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > not sure if this qualifies as a curio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Sweet! I want one.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
This is the biggest waste of time tread! Mods, please move to the airgun section, please! BTW, Shepards were bread to be Shepards. Sometimes they go astray, but since they do not have wolves, they revert. Blame the owner, don't shoot the Dog.
Cant blame the owners the damn dog never had any. And i can blame the dog wen its killin livestock. You let one of your dogs kill a calf and you dont do something about it then whoever owns the calf has the right to kill it for destruction of property. Plus if no one kills a stock killer they eventually attack humans.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #23

Liked 699 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Cant blame the owners the damn dog never had any. And i can blame the dog wen its killin livestock. You let one of your dogs kill a calf and you dont do something about it then whoever owns the calf has the right to kill it for destruction of property. Plus if no one kills a stock killer they eventually attack humans.

OK lets be honest. I knew of dogs that chased livestock. Never, ever did I see a Shepard that was capable of taking down a calf. Where was its' Mom? Where you milking her for an extra buck? I've been bit twice by 2 different Shepards, both were pure mean, Bit once by a Wolf, Malamute hybrid, but I never used a gun. I also owned Shepards and never had to say anything more than once. Same as shooting a Doe w/ fawns, how long will they last leaving a calf withoutn its' Mom? Bring on the dogs!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Did you eat the dog? Lol j/k

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

OK lets be honest. I knew of dogs that chased livestock. Never, ever did I see a Shepard that was capable of taking down a calf. Where was its' Mom? Where you milking her for an extra buck? I've been bit twice by 2 different Shepards, both were pure mean, Bit once by a Wolf, Malamute hybrid, but I never used a gun. I also owned Shepards and never had to say anything more than once. Same as shooting a Doe w/ fawns, how long will they last leaving a calf withoutn its' Mom? Bring on the dogs!
The calf was in a weaning pen. And i dont hate any dogs. I have been around german shepards most of my life. If they can take down a 200 lb man w no problems then a 250 lb calf has no chance when chased into a corner and hamstrung

Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Did you eat the dog? Lol j/k
No we didnt. We drug it off and killed coyotes and crows off from it.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #27

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

If you don't think a german shepard can take down a calf I would have to say that with all due respect you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Just because you have seen dogs chase and not kill stock doesn't mean they don't do it, it just means you have not seen it. A german shepard is one hell of alot bigger than a coyote and they can kill calves, especially very young calves, as a matter of fact I have seen footage from a hunting camera of a coyote taking down an killing a full grown 10 point whitetail buck and killing it, to say a 50-90lb dog which has gone wild is not capable of killing or otherwise gravely injuring a helpless calf is complete ignorance. In most places killing a dog, especially a wild dog for attacking stock, pets, or people is not only legal but it is promoted. Just because it doesn't happen on the east coast doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and "milking her for an extra buck", are you trying to insult farmers, ranchers and their way of life? Because that's how it comes across.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #28
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Glad you were able to put the nuisance to good use.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
If you don't think a german shepard can take down a calf I would have to say that with all due respect you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Just because you have seen dogs chase and not kill stock doesn't mean they don't do it, it just means you have not seen it. A german shepard is one hell of alot bigger than a coyote and they can kill calves, especially very young calves, as a matter of fact I have seen footage from a hunting camera of a coyote taking down an killing a full grown 10 point whitetail buck and killing it, to say a 50-90lb dog which has gone wild is not capable of killing or otherwise gravely injuring a helpless calf is complete ignorance. In most places killing a dog, especially a wild dog for attacking stock, pets, or people is not only legal but it is promoted. Just because it doesn't happen on the east coast doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and "milking her for an extra buck", are you trying to insult farmers, ranchers and their way of life? Because that's how it comes across.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Glad you were able to put the nuisance to good use.
Thank you both and yes we were milkin her....she was a holstein milk cow. So yes she was bein "milked for an extra $"