Not CZ but the Czechoslovakia.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Not CZ but the Czechoslovakia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Not CZ but the Czechoslovakia.

In a 375 has anyone shot one? and What do you think.?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #2

I hear these Guns are as Scares as Hens Theeth in the US! You probaby at most dont even now what Im talking about1

Last edited by Rant; 05-08-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

ive got a cz550 in 458lott great shooter but way too much on the heavy side. they have an astounding large internal magazine capacity and if you have the set trigger its really sweat. my 550 has set trigger and express sights features i would love to have on my winchester model 70.

fantastic guns just a little too heavy for carrying on a actual hunt.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #4

Thats Nice Jonm But we are talking about a Brno made in Czechoslovakia have you shot one... and that should be very interesting how do??????????? they match up to the CZ?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The current designation of the rifle you are talking about is the 550. The original designation was the ZKK602 and they are excellent rifles. Not exactly rare here, they just don't get sold very often.

As to your assertion that we "probably don't even know what you are talking about", you may be surprised what we at FTF "know about".

And, yes, I have fired a 602 in .375H&H.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
Thats Nice Jonm But we are talking about a Brno made in Czechoslovakia have you shot one... and that should be very interesting how do??????????? they match up to the CZ?
your original post didnt say brno but no i havent shot one im not a big fan of double rifles or single shot rifles. but if they are of the same quality as their 550s, its gotta be one nice firearm.

my dealer can get me a brno if i wanted one most cz stuff is on the approved import list. the vz58 and skorpion are no longer being imported to the USA but most of their handguns and rifles are in ready supply. just a wait to get one because its an import at certain times of the year.

im a huge CZ fan they second to colt in my book

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #7

Liked 215 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 30

John, the vz-58 is readily available in several configurations as well as the vz-61 Skorpion from Czechpoint-USA. Great company, outstanding cutsomer service, and they also just signed up to bring in the Alpha Project revolvers from the Czech Republic.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #8

M14 not rare here ... you bet the Brno is Rare in the US ! Name me one on this forum that shot a brno 375 with a set trigger... as hen teeth goes....

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #9

The old Brno 375 where the best... From India to Africa... they where the work horse... and ....................... Why no one Has the old Brno Mag... Guns In America ....... You Know./.. Why.... and its not the Gun Mang... in the Us that Had to do with this..... very interesting!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #10

These Brnos would make the old pre 64 look like dog .......Meat when it came to shooting!... hands down. on a good day I can clover my 375 brno at 100 ........and this is not rare for the old Brnos... but they where not LET>>INTO THE US!......Lesss We forget!

Last edited by Rant; 05-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.