New SUR rifle - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New SUR rifle

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Wouldnt it be some crap if this guy DOES design the next big thing and we all want what he did? LOL! Never know....(not likely, but oh well)
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,899
Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Make it reliable

Light weight (under 7 Lbs.)

Uses standard AR-15/M-16 Mags or M-14 Mags.

Quick changeable barrels and calibers

Accuracy of the M-14

Cost of a good AK-47

Available to the general public

And don't call it an assault weapon
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,899
Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Wouldnt it be some crap if this guy DOES design the next big thing and we all want what he did? LOL! Never know....(not likely, but oh well)
I hope he can
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 690
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Sorry but jumping into a forum and opening up with I'm designing a new AR makes me think that his design is the rifle version of Napoleon Dynomite's Liger!



If he came on here and was like, I'm so-and-so and I own gun manufacturing company x, and I've been designing and working with guns for x number of years, and my background is x, and here are the designs I've done in the past, maybe I'd have a little faith.

Heck, if he just came in and said. Make believe you could create an SUR from scratch, what would you create, he could be taken seriously.

In the meantime, this can be and has been an entertaining thread.

Or heck, tell us what his design is so far and then ask for suggestions, comments, and feedback.

On a side note, I'm creating a new pistol bullet to replace all known handgun calibers. What are some features you think I could incorporate.
__________________
"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-19-2011 at 02:29 PM.
knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tierone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda
Sorry but jumping into a forum and opening up with I'm designing a new AR makes me think that his design is the rifle version of Napoleon Dynomite's Liger!

If he came on here and was like, I'm so-and-so and I own gun manufacturing company x, and I've been designing and working with guns for x number of years, and my background is x, and here are the designs I've done in the past, maybe I'd have a little faith.

Heck, if he just came in and said. Make believe you could create an SUR from scratch, what would you create, he could be taken seriously.

In the meantime, this can be and has been an entertaining thread.

Or heck, tell us what his design is so far and then ask for suggestions, comments, and feedback.

On a side note, I'm creating a new pistol bullet to replace all known handgun calibers. What are some features you think I could incorporate.
Good point knfxda. I would love too show you guys my design but since we do live in a capitalistic country anyone of you could take my design write your name on it then take it to any gun manufacturing company in the country and sell it.
tierone is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
Good point knfxda. I would love too show you guys my design but since we do live in a capitalistic country anyone of you could take my design write your name on it then take it to any gun manufacturing company in the country and sell it.

ROFL!!!!! Good one. You don't want us to have your super secrets......... bwahahaha!!
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tierone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Knfxda also about your pistol cartridge. What you want is the knock down power of a .45 but the speed, accuracy, and low recoil of the 9mm. Thats a lot to ask
tierone is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,899
Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

I do wish you luck tierone and hope you are successful, remember the Wright Bros. had no formal engineering train or education and look at what they achieved. Many of the things we buy, use and see everyday came from this same attitude and from people who had no company to produce it nor any engineering exp.
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,554
Liked 3179 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Default

EXACTLY! That is the problem with designing firearms today, it is difficult to come up with anything new. Everything is a rehash of an idea JMB had 100 years ago.
__________________
In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball
robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 690
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
Knfxda also about your pistol cartridge. What you want is the knock down power of a .45 but the speed, accuracy, and low recoil of the 9mm. Thats a lot to ask
Well, I'm not afraid to share my design. It's a .32 inside a .380 inside a 9mm inside a 3.57 inside .40 inside a .45 inside a .50.

I've painted it to look like a kid's toy so that liberal anti-gunners won't be afraid of the world's most deadliest bullet of all times!

__________________
"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA
knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What's A Good, Budget "Non-Assault" Rifle? ryevick Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 87 01-11-2012 03:37 AM
Explain or educate me on ASSAULT RIFLE bobbyb13 The Club House 19 02-01-2009 04:06 PM
man arrested for suspicion of felony transportation of an assault rifle? ryan14 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 01-12-2009 12:06 AM
Winchester/Olin salvo assault rifle Cutaway General Rifle Discussion 1 12-30-2008 10:04 PM
Poor mans assault rifle robocop10mm General Rifle Discussion 13 12-06-2008 04:12 PM