New SUR rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New SUR rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wouldnt it be some crap if this guy DOES design the next big thing and we all want what he did? LOL! Never know....(not likely, but oh well)

Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #12

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Make it reliable

Light weight (under 7 Lbs.)

Uses standard AR-15/M-16 Mags or M-14 Mags.

Quick changeable barrels and calibers

Accuracy of the M-14

Cost of a good AK-47

Available to the general public

And don't call it an assault weapon

Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Wouldnt it be some crap if this guy DOES design the next big thing and we all want what he did? LOL! Never know....(not likely, but oh well)
I hope he can

Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sorry but jumping into a forum and opening up with I'm designing a new AR makes me think that his design is the rifle version of Napoleon Dynomite's Liger!

If he came on here and was like, I'm so-and-so and I own gun manufacturing company x, and I've been designing and working with guns for x number of years, and my background is x, and here are the designs I've done in the past, maybe I'd have a little faith.

Heck, if he just came in and said. Make believe you could create an SUR from scratch, what would you create, he could be taken seriously.

In the meantime, this can be and has been an entertaining thread.

Or heck, tell us what his design is so far and then ask for suggestions, comments, and feedback.

On a side note, I'm creating a new pistol bullet to replace all known handgun calibers. What are some features you think I could incorporate.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-19-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda
Sorry but jumping into a forum and opening up with I'm designing a new AR makes me think that his design is the rifle version of Napoleon Dynomite's Liger!

If he came on here and was like, I'm so-and-so and I own gun manufacturing company x, and I've been designing and working with guns for x number of years, and my background is x, and here are the designs I've done in the past, maybe I'd have a little faith.

Heck, if he just came in and said. Make believe you could create an SUR from scratch, what would you create, he could be taken seriously.

In the meantime, this can be and has been an entertaining thread.

Or heck, tell us what his design is so far and then ask for suggestions, comments, and feedback.

On a side note, I'm creating a new pistol bullet to replace all known handgun calibers. What are some features you think I could incorporate.
Good point knfxda. I would love too show you guys my design but since we do live in a capitalistic country anyone of you could take my design write your name on it then take it to any gun manufacturing company in the country and sell it.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
Good point knfxda. I would love too show you guys my design but since we do live in a capitalistic country anyone of you could take my design write your name on it then take it to any gun manufacturing company in the country and sell it.

ROFL!!!!! Good one. You don't want us to have your super secrets......... bwahahaha!!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #17

Knfxda also about your pistol cartridge. What you want is the knock down power of a .45 but the speed, accuracy, and low recoil of the 9mm. Thats a lot to ask

Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #18

I do wish you luck tierone and hope you are successful, remember the Wright Bros. had no formal engineering train or education and look at what they achieved. Many of the things we buy, use and see everyday came from this same attitude and from people who had no company to produce it nor any engineering exp.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

EXACTLY! That is the problem with designing firearms today, it is difficult to come up with anything new. Everything is a rehash of an idea JMB had 100 years ago.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
Knfxda also about your pistol cartridge. What you want is the knock down power of a .45 but the speed, accuracy, and low recoil of the 9mm. Thats a lot to ask
Well, I'm not afraid to share my design. It's a .32 inside a .380 inside a 9mm inside a 3.57 inside .40 inside a .45 inside a .50.

I've painted it to look like a kid's toy so that liberal anti-gunners won't be afraid of the world's most deadliest bullet of all times!

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA