New SUR rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New SUR rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New SUR rifle

I am designing a new SUR rifle. What are some features you think I could incorporate

Last edited by CA357; 07-19-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I believe you are referring to an SUR/ sport utility rifle.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
I am designing a new assault rifle. What are some features you think I could incorporate
Make it accurate and reliable ... and a description doesn't include "assault"

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Accepts and uses commonly available magazines such as the AR-15 (5.56) and M-14 (.308).

Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Well assault rifles are rifles used to assault people your gonna have to find a lot of volunteers to assault with each one before you can sell them. Good luck i hope your volunteers dont sue for damages.

Buttstroke someone with a red ryder and you got yourself an assault rifle. Not sure there is a market for that but im all for a capitilist economy. Never know what product will take off and grow the economy

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Copy Tavor TAR-21 but make it cheaper and available to US civilians.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Make it standard with all the best accessories: flashlight, red laser, green laser, infra-red laser, traditional scope with as many adjustments as possible (windage, elevation, time of day, height of target, horriscope sign) , red dot site, grenade launcher, telescoping bi-pod, cork screw, can opener, back-up accessories of all the aforementioned accessories.

Oh, and it has to be under 7 lbs 2 oz, or Nutnfancy will dock you for weight points.

And it must be Ninja Matte Black. Nothing says "assault" like a black rifle...

Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Make a Sport Utility Rifle with the reliability of an AK after a mud bath but with the accuracy of an AR-15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #8

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Well assault rifles are rifles used to assault people your gonna have to find a lot of volunteers to assault with each one before you can sell them. Good luck i hope your volunteers dont sue for damages.

Buttstroke someone with a red ryder and you got yourself an assault rifle. Not sure there is a market for that but im all for a capitilist economy. Never know what product will take off and grow the economy
I think you're confusing the Assault Rifle with the Battery Rifle (not to be confused with a Battery-Powered Rifle).

I'd prefer a Battery Rifle. I'd want it to perform actual violence and not just the threat of violence.

And a bottle-opener is a must.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierone View Post
I am designing a new assault rifle. What are some features you think I could incorporate
Make it kill zombies.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #10

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Too late, its been done.

mallninji.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello