Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > new SKS's what now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Some foks just gotta learn the hard way...

Good Luck

PS
I've head bending the barrel will let you shoot around corners! How bout you test that one out for us too.

woa! serious?? like in the assassin movie where they curve the path of the bullet?!?! where the F$#@k is my mallet?

Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8374 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

While it is true that you CAN use a bent barrel to shoot around corners, a VERY sharp bend winds up deforming the tangent ogive of the bullet, especially if the cosine of the meplat of a boat tailed spitzer is less than .007

As a result, the accuracy will be so poor you will have trouble hitting anything smaller than a large bovine at any range above 25 feet. This is the origin of the term "shooting the bull".

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #23

Liked 4518 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Germans actually tested this in WWII but thier bullets were to long. The curve in the barrel caused it break up within the barrel and resulted in a shot gun effect sending fragments, rather that 1 slug downrange.

I was stunned when I saw the footage on it. For all the brilliant inventions that came out of Germany in the 30's and 40's, this was a really bad idea.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 AM   #24

wow i was joking i didnt think it would actually do that i would figure it would probally explode

Old 03-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #25

Liked 4518 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

With an op rod semi auto, it probably would. The Germans tried with a modified Mauser bolt action.

PS
I mean it as joke as well. I don't want to read about you loosing fingers and half your face because your dremmeled sear goes full auto while your testing your new "bent" barrel.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
With an op rod semi auto, it probably would. The Germans tried with a modified Mauser bolt action.

PS
I mean it as joke as well. I don't want to read about you loosing fingers and half your face because your dremmeled sear goes full auto while your testing your new "bent" barrel.
hahahaha

Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
well turns out what i though was some sort of compensator or muzzle brake is some sort of grenade launcher thingus, and i only filed the sears engagment a lil bit is it gunna be ok? (well only way of knowing is to shoot it ) anybody know of a good stock for the SKS that wont be really expensive but still ok (synthetic or wood i wouldnt mind ether)
The one that you have would be a Ugo no cromelined barrel. They are supose to be better made and more acurate than the Russian or Chinese SKS.
Mind you both the Chinese and Russian have crome lined barrels for longer sevice life with corosive primmers.
F.K.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8374 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

kraumlauf.jpg

Known as the Krumlauf, this was an attachment for the STG. That had a short little bullet. Recoil had to be weirder than sox on a rooster. Sorry for the Russian, but you takes yer pictures where you finds em. Click on image to expand it.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 12793

Known as the Krumlauf, this was an attachment for the STG. That had a short little bullet. Recoil had to be weirder than sox on a rooster. Sorry for the Russian, but you takes yer pictures where you finds em. Click on image to expand it.
hahaha i didnt really believe it till i saw it that is hilarious that obviously didnt get the notoriety the inventer had in mind

Old 04-03-2010, 04:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 12793

the 7.92 kurz is a funny lookin lil bullet, the idea was to make it similar to sub-machine gun but with a lil more omph