A new Savage Axis for me!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > A new Savage Axis for me!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yes - the cost is quite awesome! The cleaning is so easy as well (since the manual says to not disassemble the bolt).

Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1
Nice! i just bought the exact same gun about 2 months ago. i went with a bushnell 4-12x40 scope. even with cheap ammo it's still puttin 1.5 or so inch groups at 100 yards. not off a vise or rest though, just restin on my balled-up sweatshirt

while it's not the perfect rifle, i think it's safe to say the gun is more accurate then i am....which in the end is all that really matters
Exactly my thoughts on this accurate rifle.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22085 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSam View Post
I just got one about a month ago. Stainless, with the Savage provided scope, in 25-06. I just retired about 2.5 months ago and this is something I've wanted for a quite a while.

25-06 is a very, very versatile caliber. Doesn't kick "real" hard, and can be used for all sorts of varmints (4 and 2 legged), deer, and in a pinch, even for elk and black bear. I don't plan on hunting all of that, but, it's nice to know that it can do it.

I had it at the range a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I was getting 2-3" groups at 100 yards shooting from the bench. I was using Remington Core-Lokt 100gr PSP. It was all I could find the day before we went to the range. But, I was not very steady. I only had the fore-stock supported on a bag, I was stabilizing the rear on my shoulder. I'm diabetic and my blood sugar was all over the place that day, and I just wasn't that steady. We'll see how it, and I, work in a few weeks.

I've got some dies now and I'm gonna' start working up a few loads: a good varmint load, a good deer load, and a good plinking load.

This is really a damn nice rifle. And when you factor in the cost, it's a quite extraordinary rifle.

Like the rest of you who've purchased this rifle, I will be enjoying mine.
when you get some loads worked up and dialed in to your rifle, you also find your group sizes getting smaller! 25-06 is a great caliber. i have one in the Marlin XL7 and i really like it for the same reasons you do. 25-06 is an easy round to reload. enjoy your rifle and good luck!