Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New Rifle new Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 15

Default New Rifle new Questions.

Help,,,,I recently aquired a new toy and was curious if you guys could help with some info. It is a Kars 98k .270 bolt action. After spending two days all over the net I can't find one that looks like it. I know it has a modern sporter wooden stock,but thats about it. It doesnt have the iron sights. There are very few markings on it for me to find out a year it was manufactured. Where do I look to find such information? It doesn't look like the military style but more like the Ruger American. Any info on this rifle would help.

photo-1.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieduo View Post
Help,,,,I recently aquired a new toy and was curious if you guys could help with some info. It is a Kars 98k .270 bolt action. After spending two days all over the net I can't find one that looks like it. I know it has a modern sporter wooden stock,but thats about it. It doesnt have the iron sights. There are very few markings on it for me to find out a year it was manufactured. Where do I look to find such information? It doesn't look like the military style but more like the Ruger American. Any info on this rifle would help.
Pm c3 on this one. I think its a zastava action, which is a good solid action.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #3

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

KAR 98 Mauser WWII Vintage action. This was a 7.92X57 caliber. This action was stripped from the orginal German issue rifle and made into a Sporter.
It appears to have a 1950s Bishop stock. Most likely a GR Douglas barrel. THese can be made into nice hunting rifles.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #4

Likes Given: 15

Where would I look to see if it is the GR barrel and around when would these have been made?