New Mosin Nagant 91/30 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New Mosin Nagant 91/30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

in 1942, the Soviets transitioned to the partial escutcheons. Stocks were made, and stacked for new rifles. They just grabbed one and finished the rifle. They did anything to save precious metal. The Chinese never made 91/30's that I know of. During WW2 the Chinese made Mausers. The 1st Chinese MN's were M44 models designated the T-53 or Type 53.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

thanks its what i hoped it was a wartime russian one. stock doesnt matter so much. i just like the fact its a piece of history and a damn cheap one too for a change the US rifles are damn pricey. the butt plate is a little small but the over all weight and feel is pretty good. if the weather is good im taking it out to the range this weekend.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #13

They handle very well for the length.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
They handle very well for the length.
its surprisingly lightweight for the length. very fast pointing rifle ive fired mosins other folks own at the range which is what prompted me to get one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

took the mosin out to the range but i got carried away with the ar15 and ran out of time to do a clean target for the mosin. fun gun to shoot wish i had got one a long time ago. it was doing a solid 4-5 inches at 100yds. i chalk it up to really bad surplus ammo. couldnt have been my shooting...

Old 04-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #16

Between the creep, soft two stage trigger and ammo, you did ok. If you can shoot under 6" at 100 yards, your starting off well.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Between the creep, soft two stage trigger and ammo, you did ok. If you can shoot under 6" at 100 yards, your starting off well.
the front sight post is a lot bigger than i like. i think i can do better next weekend. only fired 20 rounds. spent too much time playing with the ar15. shot the 22lr conversion 300yds just launching the rounds and watching them fly down range in the scope it was shooting like 20foot groups with the cmmg conversion at 300 yds lol.

one thing on the mosin thats cool is the elevation on the rear sight marked for 100yds is spot on

Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

very nice looking gun. Makes me want to go shoot my mosin.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #19

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the front sight post is a lot bigger than i like. i think i can do better next weekend. only fired 20 rounds. spent too much time playing with the ar15. shot the 22lr conversion 300yds just launching the rounds and watching them fly down range in the scope it was shooting like 20foot groups with the cmmg conversion at 300 yds lol.

one thing on the mosin thats cool is the elevation on the rear sight marked for 100yds is spot on
Hello,

These rifles are more than capable of 1.5 to 1MOA, with sub-MOA groups being not uncommon.

As for the sight, you might find this of interest:

http://smith-sights.yolasite.com/

and for accuracy:

http://smith-sights.yolasite.com/article-accurizing-mosin-nagant.php

I hope this helps some.

Josh
Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me