new mosin
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > new mosin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default new mosin

I bought a 91/30 Mosin Nagant off of my cousin today (it's not stolen local PD was kind enough to check for me) I got it for $50. Before seeing the gun we got to talking he said the shells would chamber and what not they just would eject he had to pull them out by hand. I opened the bolt and low and be hold the metal plate that ejects the shell it missing (the plate held in by the spring of the shell interrupter),

So I will be making a new one, it's nothing really special round receiver pretty roughed up. I might sporterize thing one I already have another one in original condition the bore and barrel aren't all that bad. Over all for what little work I'll have to put into it it seems like it's worth the price.

(Can't post pics yet camera got broke)

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Good deal. (Also when I saw the title I luaghed, "new" and "mosin" in the same sentence)

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex
Good deal. (Also when I saw the title I luaghed, "new" and "mosin" in the same sentence)
Yeah, those two words are mutually exclusive, lol.

Good luck building that part OP, hope it works.

Mine is a '38 Tula, I love it.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #4

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

it's new to me I figured I already have one in original condition that I'm never going to change why not sporterize this one.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
it's new to me I figured I already have one in original condition that I'm never going to change why not sporterize this one.
I'm not a purist, but I think one at least should be kept in it's original condition. By all means, do anything and everything you want with the second, I've seen some pretty durn cool ones.