Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > new to the hobby, have questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If the rifle is equipped with open sights learn with the open sights first before putting out money for a scope. You could shoot 50 yards accurately with a 22 rifle and open sights trust me. You can even pull off some 100 yarders once you get the hang of it. You really don't need a scope if your shooting under 100 yards. Some may disagree with this but there are many folks who don't use them and prefer to use open sights. It's more of a challenge, and once you learn with open sights, a scope will be a piece of cake. Try it open first and save the scope money for when you get that first 30-06 or 300 Win Mag !!

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Scope

Get a cheap 4X scope at walmart. $9.99 for your .22...
To Grow into? I have 1 scope, 1 rifle. Each rifle and scope are unique. I have a fault of over kill.. 9X cope on most rifles.. Many scopes, many choices..
You can never have too much of anything..