Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New Here-Questions about couple Winchester Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Here-Questions about couple Winchester Rifles

Hi guys (and gals),
I am new here, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. If this post is in the wrong catgory, I sincerely apologize!

I have a couple guns that were handed down to me from my father. I am looking to get rid of them, but I have no idea what I should ask for them. I'm hoping you guys can help me with some information.

The first one is (reading directly from what is stamped on the gun):

Winchester Model 70 XTR Sporter Magnum 7 m/m Rem. Mag
Made in New Haven, Connecticut USA Winchester Proof Steel

The serial # on the other side of the barrel is:
G1926920

It has a Simmons Model #1104 Scope attached.

The gun is in what I would call good cosmetic condition and excellent firing condition. I have fired it numerous times without any problems.

The second gun:

Winchester Model 70 XTR 30-06 SPRG.
Serial #: G1419490

Scope: 2x-7x Redfield

I've included pictures of both guns.

I really appreciate any information you can give me, especially a price range I should ask (and maybe a minimum price I should take).

If you need any more info, let me know and I can try to provide it for you if you can tell me where to look specifically on the gun. Thanks in advance!

7mm.jpg   30-06.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20849 Times on 11853 Posts
Likes Given: 52393

welcome to the forum! stop over in the introductions section and say hi and let us get to know you.

those are two nice rifles there, and probably to find out their true worth, i would suggest taking them to a gunsmith or dealer and have them appraised, but i wouldn't mention selling unless you know the dealer personally. he might try to undervalue them just to try and buy them, then resell them for a large profit.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #3

thanks for the reply. I will try and see if I can find a dealer in the area that is knowledgeable and trustworthy. I don't want to take them to a Pawn Shop for fear that he might try to pull one over on me.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #4

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Do a search on gun auctions for going prices-
Remember sellers asking prices often dont reflect actual values
Look for guns being bid on & completed auctions--

Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #5

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylen33
Hi guys (and gals),
I am new here, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. If this post is in the wrong catgory, I sincerely apologize!

I have a couple guns that were handed down to me from my father. I am looking to get rid of them, but I have no idea what I should ask for them. I'm hoping you guys can help me with some information.

The first one is (reading directly from what is stamped on the gun):

Winchester Model 70 XTR Sporter Magnum 7 m/m Rem. Mag
Made in New Haven, Connecticut USA Winchester Proof Steel

The serial # on the other side of the barrel is:
G1926920

It has a Simmons Model #1104 Scope attached.

The gun is in what I would call good cosmetic condition and excellent firing condition. I have fired it numerous times without any problems.

The second gun:

Winchester Model 70 XTR 30-06 SPRG.
Serial #: G1419490

Scope: 2x-7x Redfield

I've included pictures of both guns.

I really appreciate any information you can give me, especially a price range I should ask (and maybe a minimum price I should take).

If you need any more info, let me know and I can try to provide it for you if you can tell me where to look specifically on the gun. Thanks in advance!
Handed down to u an yer gonna sell them wtf, u need to be kicked in the butt all the way to the gun safe where they belong