new gun - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

new gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm sorry, but I'm really clueless when it comes to AR's. I know that various kits are available, such as "Lower Parts Kits" and such.

Dillinger and Canebrake are very knowledgeable about them. You could PM them.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #12

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

I second what CA suggests. Head over to the AR-15 thread and look around. Plenty of build threads. Fwiw, the lower is the serial #'d part that needs to be purchased through FFL's. The rest is something you can get from many different sources in many different configurations. Checking out the AR-15 area here is the first place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #13

i dont mean just an AR, i mean with any gun, AR is too popular, i want something that you wouldn't always see or hear about

Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #14

ok I did some surfing around on the internet and found parts kits for a few style guns, of course there is the AR-15 but there is also 2 styles of of ak-47s and the HK33, how good is a ak-47 and what is a HK33. Then is a parts kit everything I will need to put the gun together properly and in working order?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I think that you can put a FAL together with a kit as well. Maybe you'll want to shoot 7.62x51?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me View Post
ok I did some surfing around on the internet and found parts kits for a few style guns, of course there is the AR-15 but there is also 2 styles of of ak-47s and the HK33, how good is a ak-47 and what is a HK33. Then is a parts kit everything I will need to put the gun together properly and in working order?
parts kit, then a receiver, 922r parts, jigs, fixtures, a press, welder, skill, knowledge, and rivets, if its an ak build.