New Frontier Polymer Lowers - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > New Frontier Polymer Lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Not intended to be hate. Just sharing info.

There seems to be enough breakages in the same areas from multiple polymer lower manufacturers to indicate a trend. f someone wants to buy a polymer lower it should be an informed decision. I'm sure that for every one of these pictures that there are far more that are problem free. Just figure folks should be aware of what the potential weaknesses are so that they can use the information to get the most out of their polymer lowers, or decide if it is worth a bit more to get an aluminum one.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #12

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Not intended to be hate. Just sharing info.

There seems to be enough breakages in the same areas from multiple polymer lower manufacturers to indicate a trend. f someone wants to buy a polymer lower it should be an informed decision. I'm sure that for every one of these pictures that there are far more that are problem free. Just figure folks should be aware of what the potential weaknesses are so that they can use the information to get the most out of their polymer lowers, or decide if it is worth a bit more to get an aluminum one.

it was foolish for bushmaster to make the polymer upper,,, sorry thats where most of the stress is in the system, as for Vulcan well that was not polymer that was abs plastic and thats a big no go

second pic is plum crazy/new frontier
that breakage is a mystery as to how that happened but im pretty sure that doesn't fall under "normal use"

fifth pic im really unsure how that would ever happen unless there was some sort of major failure like an out of batter fire or something,, there is literally no stress at that point

6-8th pics are a user failure by way over tightening the castle nut and not reading proper instructions

last pic i seen on another forum where the owner said it was a a KABOOM and for the life of me i cant find the original post just a bunch of fake stories and regurgitated crap about this one pic, the truth is the entire upper was split in half too,,, this was a bad KABOOM that would have destroyed a metal lower as well

almost ever one of the broken lowers on the internet were either very early design or user error not the lower failing in any way. there is even some pix where some pawn shop owners destroyed one on purpose to see how much abuse they could take (was impressive really) but those pix are being posted every with lies to back up how they really broke,,, i researched the hell out of them before i ever bought one and learned a long time ago to avoid internet know it alls and fan boys.

i personally never heard first hand from an honest owner who had one fail with out it being of some fault of there own

simple rule of thumb
any thing can be broken and if you plan on banging it around and being really hard on it in unusual ways then get a forged lower
if you just want to shoot and take care of your rifle than this will serve you for a very long time

you should hear the crap i get from the 1911 guys about my HK P-30 (.40s&w) cause its a "plastic" pistol lol,, even though it will out shoot some of the very high end 1911s and is literally better in every way

im not crapping on you at all man but please research that pic by way of uploading it to google image search before you believe the first place you see it at,, to many people do just what you did here with out knowing the full back story
Old 05-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #13

Liked 760 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 1583

Default Just throwing this out there....

While a picture may be worth a thousand words... it's those 1000 words that can give a reason for the final results.. Is it possible the shooter used 5.56 ammo in a rifle that was .223 specific?... Did the shooter allow the rifle to remain in a temperature extreme (it was mentioned here in another post that cold might not be good for the poly lowers..)? Was the rifle viced incorrectly during work on it??
BTW... thanks for posting those photos. I was unable to find anything when I did a search.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #14

ahh here we go

not sure on this video as they cut cam,, but who knows what they did show its it failed right about when the forged lower failed,, just note that much of the video and ignore the rest as there is no way to validate the rest of it

Old 05-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #15

one more thing that worries me though

look here

a true M16 lower is closer to the NFA lower than the other due to the walls by the safety right,,, not sure but i thought some law was in effect that forced companies to thicken up the wall there to make it harder to install a M16 full auto FCG

Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #16

lmfao oh my god lol

so so do not recommend any one try this
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/outdoor-sports-recreation/942273-plum-crazy-lower-vs-50bmg.html

Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #17

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

$170 for plastic lower or $100 to $130 for a forged lower.

I go aluminum any day of the week. Plastic is what I take my food to work in not what I trust my life to. Yes I know glocks are gods gift to pistols. YADDA YADDA YADDA. I don't buy guns from krauts who don't believe I should have the right to protect myself.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post

I go aluminum any day of the week. Plastic is what I take my food to work in not what I trust my life to. Yes I know glocks are gods gift to pistols. YADDA YADDA YADDA. I don't buy guns from krauts who don't believe I should have the right to protect myself.
its $150 for a complete lower with stock, buffer, and buffer tube. get your facts straight
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #19

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post

My last Glock was made in Smyrna, Georgia.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #20

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc View Post
its $150 for a complete lower with stock, buffer, and buffer tube. get your facts straight
Well excuse me. I don't buy prebuilt anything. I just looked at the web site real quick.

Maybe while I am getting my facts straight, you could learn how to use capital letters. Deal?