"New" Custom Barrel Maker
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > "New" Custom Barrel Maker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default "New" Custom Barrel Maker

Anyone familiar with my posts know that I am a big fan of Krieger barrels. We put them on all the time in the shop, I have three of them myself on my guns, and they are some really great barrels. Well, some of the good folks from Krieger has split off, after about 15 or 18 years, and started their own company - turning out the same kind of barrels they used to make for Krieger.

Bartlein Barrels is now open and selling barrels.

They use the same procedures as Krieger, single point, cut rifle barrels, and their tolerances are astounding ( they have CNC machines carrying twist rate out to the 4th decimal place, which is practically unheard of ). So far the reports on the product have been very, very good. They are definitely putting out a good product.

Now, as with Krieger, their prices are about the same across the fold - so don't expect a Blue Light Special here - but as an alternate source, this would be one to keep handy in case you ever want/need a great barrel.

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Practice makes perfect. If ever I need to shoot the hairs off of a gnat's ass at 300 yards, I'll stick with Krieger.

Maybe they'll drop prices due to some serious competition now, though.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #3

Privately that is what I am hoping for. This place went all out, got two brand spanking new CNC machines to start with, with plans for more in the future. If they start cranking out barrels with limited back log, you can expect Krieger and a few other folks to take notice... *crossing fingers*

JD

Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Any idea where the machinists came from? Do they have the ability to heat treat after the cutting?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #5

Yeah. I have a very good idea where the four main guys are from. Check the Krieger "Job Opportunities" page for the answer to that question... LOL

Four of the best and brightest got together, got a monster loan, and started their own shop. Pretty much the same way 11 guys from Springfield and Colt got together to form Nighthawk Customs.

What you looking for heat treating for? Their barrels are good to go right out of the box...

JD