Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   New buy_ 1893 mauser (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/new-buy_-1893-mauser-48114/)

JJthebull 09-11-2011 05:21 AM

New buy_ 1893 mauser

4 Attachment(s)
Today at the gun show I purchased a 1893 turkish ankara mauser w 120 rds for 120 bucks. Did I do well? How much is she worth? I shot the weapon today and was extremely pleased. When I came home to clean and disassemble I couldn't get the receiver out the stock because the 1893 is diff from 98k. How do you disassemble? And what is the best way to clean after using corrosive ammo?

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

robocop10mm 09-11-2011 06:44 AM

disassembly is pretty much the same as a 98k. The stock may be stuck from age. It will require some coaxing.

JJthebull 09-11-2011 07:45 AM

What about front sights the "thingy" that holds bayonet

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

JJthebull 09-12-2011 04:53 AM

Still lost

dteed4094 09-12-2011 01:44 PM

On the bottom side of the forestock, extending back form the nose cap about 2-2 1/2 inches there is a !/2 inch bar that is spring loaded. Push in on the very front of that bar while pushing or tapping the nose cap forward. Both can take considerable pressure. There is a lip on that bar that fits a grove in the nose cap to secure it to the stock. Sounds like a good deal to me. Flush the bore and the bolt with very hot water then clean with HOPPES #9 As soon as possible after firing. Check out this site. Clearer pictures would help as there are many variations. Markings will also help. Good luck!

Surplusrifle Forum • View forum - Turkish Rifles

Snakedriver 09-12-2011 01:50 PM

The front ring has to come off before you can take the action out of the stock. There is a spring clip on the bottom of the front ring just behind the bayonet lug that has to be depressed while you gently pry or tap the ring forward and off. It will be very tight, so take your time so as not to damage the wood.

Next you will need to remove the mid-ring by the same method. Having the mid-ring off will allow you to remove the handguard on top.

The next step is to remove the two action screws on the bottom at the front and back of the triggerguard. With all this done, the action should lift out of the stock. Lift it out from the front rotating toward the rear. Because of the age and time since it was last disassembled, some coaxing may be required by gently tapping it on the lugs with a 1/4" dia. wooden dowel where the action screws were removed.

Hope this helps!

JJthebull 09-12-2011 06:46 PM

Thanks