Another Marlin ( actually a Glenfield model 30 ) rescued. The previous owner had put it away in a damp case the previous fall and when he opened it up again it was covered with a light surface rust. He was not what you'd call a gun person, and didn't want it anymore, so I saw the opportunity for a project rifle. I removed the rust with steel wool, sent the barreled action off to J.E.S. Re boring in Oregon, and it came back re bored to .35 caliber and re chambered to .356 Win. I did the metal in Sniper grey Cerakote, and while the finish was curing, ordered a nice piece of walnut from Marlin to replace the ugly, water damaged birch stock. As my eyes aren't as good with iron sights anymore, and the .356 with the pointed Hornady FTX bullet is a good out to 300 yards, I mounted a Mueller 2-7x lighted dot scope in Warne Q.D. rings. The first load I tried with the FTX bullet was grouping slightly over 3/4" at 100, so I didn't even try to experiment around with other powders. Group pictured was fired at 300 yards, measured with my rangefinder.