Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   need help choosing a new deer rifle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/need-help-choosing-new-deer-rifle-72987/)

bigdaddy573 09-23-2012 01:14 AM

Unforchantly I lost my browning Belgium made bar because of a family problem :( and now I need a replacement that will come close to it im looking at the browning a-bolt or a tikka t3 hunter but not sure witch one cause I like them both but I can make up my mind on witch one I want thanks for helping me choose

Gatoragn 09-23-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 (Post 951110)
Unforchantly I lost my browning Belgium made bar because of a family problem :( and now I need a replacement that will come close to it im looking at the browning a-bolt or a tikka t3 hunter but not sure witch one cause I like them both but I can make up my mind on witch one I want thanks for helping me choose

While not listed, don't forget Browning's X bolt.

A bolt, X bolt or T-3 are all great choices.

ineverFTF 09-23-2012 01:32 AM

Are you set on those? Many other fantastic options at a similar price.
Model 77, model 70, rem 700, howa 1500, and any savage.

If you MUST have one or the other i would suggest the browning.
I have experience with a few brownings and they have been great handguns and rifles. Never shot anything tikka.

bigdaddy573 09-23-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF
Are you set on those? Many other fantastic options at a similar price.
Model 77, model 70, rem 700, howa 1500, and any savage.

If you MUST have one or the other i would suggest the browning.
I have experience with a few brownings and they have been great handguns and rifles. Never shot anything tikka.

I aint really set on any of them they are just the ones I have done the most research on

bigdaddy573 09-23-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn

While not listed, don't forget Browning's X bolt.

A bolt, X bolt or T-3 are all great choices.

I didnt think about the x-bolt

ineverFTF 09-23-2012 01:52 AM

I would go with the model 70. All american made. And the bolt is one piece as opposed to 2 or 3.

bigdaddy573 09-23-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF
I would go with the model 70. All american made. And the bolt is one piece as opposed to 2 or 3.

Thats what I was just looking I always been a model 70 fan but I can never find one thats problem

kalboy26 09-23-2012 07:31 AM

I love my tikka t3. I was real close to the Browning x bolt as well. I feel like the tikkas trigger was much crisper (and adjustable down to 2lbs), and the action was smooth as it gets. I have let 2 of my friends shoot it and they both went and bought one. It's by far my favorite rifle.

hardluk1 09-23-2012 02:07 PM

Don't promote winchester as all american , american made , Belium owned company like browning.

Buy what just feels best and has the best features that you want , you know know what shoots best till you go to the range.

bigdaddy573 09-23-2012 09:23 PM

Alright guys im down to the a-bolt composite stalker winchester model 70 shadow and winchester model 70 featherweight


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.